Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
peterbacon
peterbacon began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note2
Adding margin borders to the Calibre reader

It would be great to have the functionality to add either horizontal or vertical dark bars to the calibre reader window. Even though the kindle program has way less overall functionality, I really like how that feature functions in that app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	amazon_kindle_reader_pc-large.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	161516

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-13-2018 at 11:12 PM.
peterbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

@peterbacon- please read the Guidelines, in particular the one regarding in-line image size (posting guideline #9). If you post images as attachments then they show as a thumb and the size restrictions don't apply.

I fixed it this time, next time... who knows

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 11:26 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is actually much harder to implement than it might seem, because of the way the reader works internally. You could hack up the effect by using the viewer in windowed mode and placing the window over another app with a dark background. Or just use a dark color theme in the viewer (though of course this makes botht he margins and the main text area dark
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
I resize the ADE window to be the size of a book and have a black desktop background on my laptop, which is what I use to read books. Then I can use Windows Explorer to store the files in an organized manner.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote