Notices

Old 09-12-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
jonnybegood
jonnybegood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Aura HD
CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Hello
I have been using a KOBO Glo Aura HD together with Calibre for a few years
Few days ago, the reader behaved strangely while going through a book (would not let me go foward, or would jump directly to the end)
I deleted the bookmarks of that book, and it seemed to work fine.

Today, I went on the computer to add a few new books and got following message:

Quote:
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1777, in books
File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
I have since then updated to latest Calibre version, started without plug-ins
but no success, still same message.

What could I possibly do to fix this?
Thanks!
jonnybegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-touch-glo-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 01:16 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@jonnybegood: The fourth option in the link Kovid pointed to is the one. The database on the device is corrupt. Unless you have a backup you can use, the fix is sign out of the Kobo account on the device and then back in.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:01 AM   #4
jonnybegood
jonnybegood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Aura HD
Thank you - It seems to be resolved.

I took following steps last night after browsing for information through the forum - similar to what you both advised, thanks !

Login out of Kobo account on device and back in had the side-effect that Kobo now needed a wifi connection for the setup and then happily updated its firmware (last time I had it connected to wifi was early 2015)

Anyway, I now turned off automatic sync, deleted the wifi data. Plenty crap on my home-screen which I will remove (I did it earlier, will find again out to do it)

Last night after the device completed its setup, all shelves seemed to be there, but most were showing empty.. and I'm not sure all books were properly accounted for.
This morning, I hooked the Kobo up to the computer, and Calibre ran through its routine without any error.

I then did (not sure if that helped) a "Update cached metadata on device".

Now, it looks like all shelves are populated, back in business !

Thanks
Jonny

Last edited by jonnybegood; 09-13-2016 at 02:03 AM.
jonnybegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:35 AM   #5
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Out of the blue, I've got more or less the same problem on my A1. Is there no other way than logging out of Kobo? I only have sideloaded books and I'd hate to have to deal with Kobo's unwanted uploads.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2016, 06:08 AM   #6
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This would work too, wouldn't it: delete all books and Kobo Reader.sqlite manually and then syncing with Calibre once more?
Old 10-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you will find that deleting the sqlite database is the exact same as logging out of the account; you will have to redo the device setup.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:27 AM   #8
bartveld
Evangelist

Yes. Of course. A bit dim-witted of me.