Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 03:10 AM   #1
Cootey
Zealot
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE LE, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air
Question Can't read AZW files (DRM)

I recently bought an old Kindle 2. I discovered some old books on it, but couldn't read them. Once I added the serial number to calibre, I could copy over a few of them, like the illustrated Walden. That's what this post was originally trying to figure out. I fixed all that. I wish I could delete this thread.

I'm feeling a bit melancholy now, however. The Kindle 2 wasn't wiped. It's called "Edna's Old Kindle", and has her personal information on it. Before wiping it, however, I looked over her books. Some were about fighting heart disease and living to 100. I wondered if she made it.

Edna passed away 15 days ago just short of 93. She owned this Kindle since 2010, which would have put her at 84 when she entered the world of eBooks. I didn't expect buying a used Kindle 2 would affect me so much. My own mother is only ten years younger than Edna. Tonight I am filled with a quiet unease as I prepare this Kindle for resale. Mortality is on my mind.

We were kindred spirits, Edna & I, yet never met each other before. I hope that when I'm 84, I'm still embracing new technology and loving reading in new ways. Edna has inspired me.

Last edited by Cootey; 01-25-2018 at 04:20 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote