Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
pipnid
pipnid began at the beginning.

Device: none
Epub Merge

Hi, I'm getting the following error from both Kobo and D"D when I try to upload my merged boxset file from Calibre
1 instance(s) similar to Error while parsing file: [element "navMap" incomplete; missing required element "navPoint"]
Can someone explain to me in words of one syllable or less what I am doing wrong in the conversion process? I select the three books in the Calibre library and click on merge and then I fill out the metadata tab and press OK and I keep getting an error. When I finally got a file, and tried uploading it to D"D and Kobo, they both had the same error posted above. I think it is something to do with the settings for the contents. I have no contents in the book files as they are just Chapter 1 and 2 etc. Do I need to change something in the files I am merging or is it something to do with the EpubMerge widget? Please explain in English as I am not a geek and do not understand coding. Thank you very much.
pipnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Navmap is EPUB3 specific.
your message says it is broken - incomplete (possibly premature closure of a Tag, making the rest appear extraneous.

Open the NavMap with a 'programmers editor' the colorizes key elements.
(Calibres Editor (T) will do this).

Everything will be INSIDE a pair of tags. The outer most is at the start, and CLOSES near the end. Someplace in the file, this got broken. you need to locate it.
You posted in EPUB Merge. ARE ALL merged parts EPUB3? You might need to make them all the same (eg EPUB2) before merging
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #3
pipnid
pipnid began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Navmap is EPUB3 specific.
your message says it is broken - incomplete (possibly premature closure of a Tag, making the rest appear extraneous.

Open the NavMap with a 'programmers editor' the colorizes key elements.
(Calibres Editor (T) will do this).

Everything will be INSIDE a pair of tags. The outer most is at the start, and CLOSES near the end. Someplace in the file, this got broken. you need to locate it.
You posted in EPUB Merge. ARE ALL merged parts EPUB3? You might need to make them all the same (eg EPUB2) before merging
I tried using Epub3 formatting for the three books just now but that does not help. I think there is a bug in EpubMerge, so I want to uninstall it from Calibre and reinstall to see if that fixes it. I cannot see how to uninstall it. Can you help with this?
pipnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:42 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipnid View Post
I tried using Epub3 formatting for the three books just now but that does not help. I think there is a bug in EpubMerge, so I want to uninstall it from Calibre and reinstall to see if that fixes it. I cannot see how to uninstall it. Can you help with this?
Like this (except you'd select the ePUBMerge plugin):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-04 073457.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	186906

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
After you do the merge, open the TOC with the Edit TOC tool (you might have to use preferences to put it on your toolbar). Make a new TOC, or fix whatever appears. That should fix the error.

Worst case, open the merged file in the Editor, delete any nav.html that is there, THEN use the Edit TOC tool. It will create a new, correct one.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote