Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
BaltimoreKayak
BaltimoreKayak began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Trouble connecting to OneDrive

Hi. I need some help. I have Calibre 5.5.0 running on a Windows 10 PC. I have Calibre Companion on an iPad mini.
I copied the entire Callibre folder, including the .db files, to OneDrive (both an Office365 account and a personal free account). When I try to connect to OneDrive, after logging in I get a message that “No data base found” and “no meta .db files found on your cloud storage”. I use the menu to try to Change Cloud Libraries. It simply tries to reconnect to the same OneDrive, with the same results. If I Reset Cloud Connection the same thing happens. If I use the gear/settings to go to Cloud Connection and Reset Cloud Connection the same thing happens: when I connect with OneDrive I get the “no data base found” message. However, I’ve been working on this for a couple of days and on a seemingly random basis CC does seem to clear the cache and I am able to change to a different OneDrive account. But I still get the same "no .db"message.
Questions:
1. Where does CC look for the .db files when connecting to OneDrive: does it have to be in a folder labeled something in particular or does it have to be in the main drive?
2. Why do the Reset Cloud Connection and Change Cloud Libraries not seem to work or only work inconsistently?
3. Basically, what am I missing here?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
BaltimoreKayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Have you tried connecting to OneDrive via a web browser and checking to see what's actually in there? If CC is properly aimed at the One Drive location it's possible the folders and files aren't there. OneDrive uses a 2 way sync process and if you delete the copy on your computer it will delete it from OneDrive as well.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:46 PM   #3
BaltimoreKayak
BaltimoreKayak began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Thanks. The problem turned out to be that I have several OneDrive accounts (business and personal) and CC was aimed at one of the unused accounts.
BaltimoreKayak is offline   Reply With Quote