Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
lexcafe
lexcafe began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre- Kindle
I want to synchonize more than two Calibre directories with more than 10 directories

I tried to synchronize my different Calibre with each of about 10GB files. Copying one into another produce sometimes Chaos and most books in file do not appear in Calbre.
Now I bought 1 TB in Dropbox and will try that in all Pcs Laptops etc.

But really I am missing the option to compare one with another. Also it looks like that its becomes worse, if you have open calibre potable at the same time

????
lexcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Basic Calibre operation theory: There can only be ONE 'Master' Library
(if you peek beneath the skirts, you will see the title name has a number in paren eg The Book(42). That links to the recordid in the DB. These belong ONLY to the pair in that Library. The same book, may get a different record id in another Library.

A 'Master" is the ONLY one that gets any changes:
Changes include: Metadata, adding/removing formats, EDITS

Different OS use different file timestamps, so TS resolution is out.
Different OS are CasE sensitive, so that tosses sand in the gears

I think you need to just use the Content server, Keeping ONE PC as the Host / Master. Do note that Kovid has added the ability of the Content server to manage some Library metadata.And it has user permission levels.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, portal, synchronize