Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-24-2018, 01:44 AM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
NOT DIGITAL. World Book's World Book Day Promotion.

No one can beat this World Book Day deal. Why? Because it's World Book's World Book Day promotion!

By World Book (without the "Day" appended), I mean the company that is probably best known for the set of encyclopedias aimed at younger people (through about high school age?). I cut my teeth on the World Book Encylopedia (but, please, don't blame World Book for the way that I turned out; they tried!).

World Book has steadfastly resisted going digital, more than any other publisher that I know of. That is why I've made this post on this thread and not on an ebooks thread.

Anyway, World Book (the company) has a promotion going on now, and runs through today (April 24). Here it is:
5 books for $50
10 books for $75
Use code WBDAY18 at checkout, to get the special pricing.

Even at those prices, some of you may be thinking, "those are expensive!" And they are, relatively speaking. But World Book books are of outstanding quality inside, and tough on the outside (they apparently are ordered a lot by school libraries).

The 300 books in this sale, at least, are directed toward young children, and maybe older children, too.

At least some of the books in this sale are already marked down. If the 5/$50 and 10/$75 promotion applies to the sale price, then this is an extremely good deal.

I got the information from an email message that I received for World Book Day from World Book. Unfortunately, I can't find a separate webpage for the promotion. On the email, there is a button that says "SHOP NOW." When you select it, it takes you to this webpage.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I recall loving to browse World Book and Britannica Encyclopediae in my youth.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert