Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
ElizabethIsaiah
ElizabethIsaiah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smashwords / Calibre

I used Calibre to convert my docx into an epub. Looks great but when I went to upload the file on Smashwords it says that the file
META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt is not listed in the manifest. Below is the complete message.

Does anyone know how to insert this file into the manifest or what I need to do? Thank you

File 'META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt' in EPUB not listed in manifest!
Your .epub file is missing one or more elements in its manifest. A complete manifest is required for distribution to Apple. Here's how Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB) defines "Manifest":"The manifest element lists all the files contained in the package. Each file is represented by an item element, and has the attributes id, href, media-type. All XHTML (content documents), stylesheets, images or other media, embedded fonts, and the NCX file should be listed here."
ElizabethIsaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The "calibre_bookmarks.txt" is added to the book when you open it using the calibre viewer. There is an option to turn this off in the viewers preferences. You can remove the file using the editor or the Modify ePub plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
ElizabethIsaiah
ElizabethIsaiah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The file has now been accepted by Smashwords.

Thank you, David, I appreciate your help.
ElizabethIsaiah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, smashwords