Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-30-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Reconditioning kindles for people in need

at one time there was a forum here that told people where they could send kindles to be reconditioned and sent to people in need. I have a paperwhite that needs a new battery - I'd love to be able to donate it. I also have a Samsung android tablet that I could also donate.

would whoever is doing this (if indeed they're still doing this) PM me? Thanks!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
No clue but hi becca.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Google "donating Kindles" followed by your county, major city or state. Many school districts have a donation program for schools - kindles given to kids whose families can't afford them. There is also this one: https://www.developafrica.org/donate...schools-africa

I've been donating my older units or units others give me to senior citizens because they can make the text large enough to read. Contact senior housing, Assisted Living and such places - usually the activities coordinator would know if they can use them for a resident. Most residents download from the local library system, so they do often have to be usable for that.

Last edited by Tarana; 12-30-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
If you're interested, Goodwill, the Salvation Army and others will accept used ereaders. If the item isn't working they can still sell it "as is" for parts or to be repaired by the buyer.

Like <HERE>
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
If you're interested, Goodwill, the Salvation Army and others will accept used ereaders. If the item isn't working they can still sell it "as is" for parts or to be repaired by the buyer.

Like <HERE>
Yes, they accept used readers to resell. They don't recondition, replace batteries or anything. They do not give the readers to anybody in need. You can't even be sure it works. That's why I didn't list them.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert