Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #1
zachofalltrades
zachofalltrades began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX80
Sunrise not rendering RSS

I have been using the Plucker viewer with Plucker Desktop for well over a year now, and I just discovered Sunrise. Excellent tool! I moved most of my regular clippings from Plucker Desktop to Sunrise, and I am quite pleased with the rendering improvements (both speed and quality).

However, after I started trying to add RSS feeds, which was a major motivation for the switch, I am finding that the Plucker documents that Sunrise generates don't contain ANY of the items from the feeds. I get less than 1K of header information from the feed, but no items. I have tried increasing link depth, but that doesn't help. I upgraded to plucker viewer 1.8, but it seems clear from the size of the files that this issue is somewhere in Sunrise (probably my failure to configure it properly) -- the data just isn't making it into the Plucker document. Is some scripting or XSL required to get RSS to render? The documentation talks about scripting, but doesn't seem to address configuration issues specifically related to RSS.

please advise (and Thanks in advance)

Once I get this working, I'll follow up with a feature request - podcast support...

Last edited by zachofalltrades; 12-29-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Which feed(s) are you trying to convert? RSS conversion should work out of the box without any additional configuration.

Podcast support won't be implemented. That functionality is outside the application's scope. (There are plenty of other apps that can do this.)
Advert
Old 12-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
zachofalltrades
zachofalltrades began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX80
http://news.google.com/?output=rss
Old 12-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. It works fine here. See attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb Google News.pdb (178.1 KB, 485 views)
Old 01-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
auroramae
auroramae began at the beginning.

Device: palm tungten e
Did you find a fix?

I also want to use Sunrise for RSS, but the file output that results crashes the palm... parsing errors.
Is there a step by step tutorial? I've browsed through pages here and looked in the help files and can't see what I am doing wrong.
The feed I tested was
http://www.vindy.com/feed.rss
Any help would be gretly appreciated.
auroramae
Advert
Old 01-08-2006, 06:41 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroramae
I also want to use Sunrise for RSS, but the file output that results crashes the palm...
The feed I tested was
http://www.vindy.com/feed.rss
This feed also works fine here. I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. You're not doing anything wrong, though.

You might want to wait for the next Sunrise XP alpha due for release on Thursday. This release will support RSS feeds. Hopefully this will work better for you.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #7
auroramae
auroramae began at the beginning.

Device: palm tungten e
thx

Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get it to work! Thanks for the cool program!
Old 08-30-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
riderbee
riderbee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, (Palm TX)
Question

Hi,
I have problems with some rss feeds as well. They were working fine with the java version. Whenever I try to get this feed http://www.lemonde.fr/rss/sequence/0,2-3208,1-0,0.xml I only get the first page.

My report file looks fine...

Any ideas ?

.vince
Attached Files
File Type: xml {E577AF69-038A-438C-8BF0-8BDC6FABB15A}.xml (2.5 KB, 845 views)
Old 09-02-2006, 05:56 AM   #9
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderbee
Hi,
I have problems with some rss feeds as well. They were working fine with the java version. Whenever I try to get this feed http://www.lemonde.fr/rss/sequence/0,2-3208,1-0,0.xml I only get the first page.

My report file looks fine...

Any ideas ?

.vince
This is due the the HTML Tidy library not being able to handle this page. I don't think this can be fixed.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #10
riderbee
riderbee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, (Palm TX)
Thanks for the answer, I'll stick to the java version for the time then.
Thanks again for that really cool software.
.vince