Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-09-2020, 05:09 AM   #1
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Is there a Koreader Android Dropbox integration ?

Hi guys,

I found that there is a Cloud storage/Dropbox integration in Koreader:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/2424

But on my Koreader 2020.01 on Android I can't see the cloud storage in settings ... is it not implemented for Android or am I missing anything ?

Thanks, Norbert
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbi24 View Post
Hi guys,

I found that there is a Cloud storage/Dropbox integration in Koreader:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/2424

But on my Koreader 2020.01 on Android I can't see the cloud storage in settings ... is it not implemented for Android or am I missing anything ?

Thanks, Norbert
It is the same for all platforms. Like "OPDS catalog" or "find a book via calibre metadata" this extension is available from the file manager, exactly on same place your link points to.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #3
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Hmm, again I asked a stupid question, I somehow always forget the menu in the filemanager ...

Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is not a stupid question. The FM vs reader menu confusion is common between new users of a feature. I wouldn't expect that any user that uses 100% of the features of program. That would be kinda insane

I, personally, disable all plugins I don't use, which are most of them, to find a lean menu.

On most devices you can fine tune your menus programatically, by editing filemanager_menu_order.lua and reader_menu_order.lua, but AFAIK this doesn't apply to the android port, because most lua files are stored in a read only environment.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:17 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could make your changes in the download package (.apk) and then sign your modified .apk, so that it will install on your android device, after you have removed the old KOReader. (I use an old tool, easy apk disassembler v. 1.3.2)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
On most devices you can fine tune your menus programatically, by editing filemanager_menu_order.lua and reader_menu_order.lua, but AFAIK this doesn't apply to the android port, because most lua files are stored in a read only environment.
You can do that on Android perfectly fine. The idea on any platform is to stick your persistent overrides in settings/filemanager_menu_order.lua and settings/reader_menu_order.lua.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
You can do that on Android perfectly fine. The idea on any platform is to stick your persistent overrides in settings/filemanager_menu_order.lua and settings/reader_menu_order.lua.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:34 AM   #8
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Fine, it is a fastantic option, unknown to me. I understand this is valid for almost any lua file. Thanks.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:22 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
I understand this is valid for almost any lua file.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but it doesn't sound right.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:16 AM   #10
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but it doesn't sound right.
Oh, yes. It doesn't sound right. I undestand this is only for file with some setting.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote