Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 10-20-2019, 05:06 AM   #16
Klecks
Enthusiast
Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Klecks never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kobo H2O, PocketBook Touch HD, Tolino Vision 4
The tolino will translate subfolders into collections. So - if you want your calibre collections transfer to the tolino-collections, you have to tell calibre, which book should go into which subfolder on the tolino.
I have a custom column #myshelves and the accordingly calibre setup. You can use your own custom column or one of the preset columns (e. g. series).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre - Tolino konfigurieren.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	174388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tolino Screenshot.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	174389  
Klecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I found another store where you can buy DRM ePubs directly on the Tolino. eBooks.com (www.ebooks.com) works but the site recognizes the Android base of the Tolino and prompts you to download an Android App. Once you review your order and check out, you'll be prompted to "Start Reading Now." Click that and it will show "Step One -- Install Ebook Reader app." Scroll down to "Download this eBook on another device" (small type) Click that and it will prompt you to install something called the "Bluefire Reader." Bypass that, go to Step Two and hit "Download in ePub format." At that point the Adobe DRM book should open and be added to your library. I've been testing this on free Del Rey samplers (which are DRM protected) and three have worked without any issues.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:50 PM   #18
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
You can bookmark the site. I didn't see an option to stay signed in (I do remember having that option on my old Sonys). I don't know if this is any different on newer Tolinos - maybe Rcentros will know?
On my home PC I signed into my Overdrive library a long time ago on Internet Explorer and back then, chose to remain signed in. I don't use that browser for anything else anymore but it worked the best with the Sony Reader for PC software I was using with my Sony readers.

Out of curiosity, I just tried pulling up the sign-in page for my library on my PC on Firefox and Chrome (I wasn't already logged in on either of those browsers). I don't see a "keep me signed in" option on either of those. So maybe Overdrive has removed the option altogether.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:27 PM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bookland.com is another eBook store that will work directly with Tolinos. And they take PayPal. Just bought a Robin Hobb trilogy there. (Though the selection of English titles seems a bit sparse.)
Old 10-29-2019, 08:55 PM   #20
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I've never even heard of Bookland.

Thanks for continuing to experiment and report your findings.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:12 PM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I've never even heard of Bookland.

Thanks for continuing to experiment and report your findings.
Bookland is owned by PocketBooks. I never heard of them either until I was reading a Pocketbook manual when trying to figure out how to get Overdrive working on another poster's PocketBook InkPad. I think they mostly sell German (and Russian?) books. Bookland can be integrated with PocketBook devices (kind of like Amazon, Kobo or B&N), but I don't think it's that successful. But the deal on the Robin Hodd trilogy was really good (and it's not on Overdrive at my library) — I was a little surprised they sold to an American customer.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:54 PM   #22
Josh1
Josh1 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 5
How to buy a Tolino Vision 5 if living in the US?

I am just new to this forum, led here on my search to buy a Tolino Vision 5. Living in the States seems to be a barrier to find one. Many of you on this forum seem very knowledgeable about all eReaders. I have used many different Kindles and am familiar with Kobo. My desire is to break free from Amazon's eReader ecosystem. Any ideas and suggestions for the Tolino Vision 5 and how to get one? I get most of my books as ebooks from public libraries. Thanks!
Josh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:30 PM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1 View Post
I am just new to this forum, led here on my search to buy a Tolino Vision 5. Living in the States seems to be a barrier to find one. Many of you on this forum seem very knowledgeable about all eReaders. I have used many different Kindles and am familiar with Kobo. My desire is to break free from Amazon's eReader ecosystem. Any ideas and suggestions for the Tolino Vision 5 and how to get one? I get most of my books as ebooks from public libraries. Thanks!
It looks like Grooves.Land (in Germany) sells Tolinos to those in the United States. The Vision 5 (and the Epos 2 and Page 2) are so new, however, that it looks like it's going to be about 40 days before they get them in stock.

https://www.grooves-inc.com/tolino-v...099519981.html

I've never bought anything from Grooves.Land so can't vouch for them, but it looks like they regularly sell to U.S. residents and I think their price includes postage and tax. (Shipping for other Tolinos is (advertised) to take, normally, 4-11 days.)