Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[Solved] Publication Date Metadata for HTML ebooks that Calibre will recognize..?

I make a lot of my own books for tl;dr reasons (not available in my language, so I buy them in the original and download translations.)

I can't seem to figure out what metadata to put in the html header so Calibre can pick up the publication date!

Nothing I've tried works.

I use Amazon Kindle and Mobi, not epub.

My current header is:
Code:
<html><head><title>Usemono Yado ENG 01 うせもの宿(1) (フラワーコミックスα)</title><meta name="author" content="穂積 Hozumi" /><meta name="tags" content="Decrypted Ebooks, Drama, Josei, Manga, Mystery, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural" /><meta name="series" content="Usemono Yado ENG" /> <meta name="isbn" content="9784091364166" /><meta name="publisher" content="株式会社小学館" /><meta content="2014-10-10" name="dcterms.date of publication" /><meta name="primary-writing-mode" content="horizontal-lr"/></head>
<body>

Last edited by mobilis; 04-02-2020 at 05:20 AM.
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Dublin Core
Code:
 <dc:publisher>XYZ</dc:publisher>
    <dc:date>2016</dc:date>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
This is the "template" I use with HTML and it works nicely:

Code:
<meta name="author" content="John Doe">
<meta name="dc.description" content="This description goes into the Comments field." />
<meta name="DC.date.published" content="2000-01-01" />
<meta name="DC.publisher" content="URL-of-publisher" />
<meta name="tags" content="TAGs" />
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:19 AM   #4
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
This is the "template" I use with HTML and it works nicely:

Code:
<meta name="author" content="John Doe">
<meta name="dc.description" content="This description goes into the Comments field." />
<meta name="DC.date.published" content="2000-01-01" />
<meta name="DC.publisher" content="URL-of-publisher" />
<meta name="tags" content="TAGs" />
THANK YOU! This worked. I've added it to the manga and ebook html templates I keep in my Dropbox templates folder (and symbolic link ~/Templates to it.) Life is better now. :')
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #5
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Excellent!

I should have mentioned it (but I'm sure you're on top of it) but you've got to remember to change the date in the "content="2000-01-01"" bit when adding books (or, like me, you'll wonder why your books were all published Jan 1, 2000).

Even though it took ages for me to master the metadata and especially the date, I nearly always forget to edit it. Doh!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, publication date