Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #61
filemon
filemon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcd View Post
I cant update my KTSO.

I've uninstalled the jbpatcher and the launcher, I did restore it, and tried, no success.

Any idea?

Its jailbroken. Should i uninstall it too?
My experiece:
I didn't uninstalled anything. There was no JBpatch ,but jailbrake and kindlet was. The upgrade went fine. The jailbrake and font hack remained, but the GUI launcher disappeared So far working fine. I hope that there will be a new method for a GUI lancher. I've just installed yesterday :/
filemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #62
weatherje
weatherje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wang View Post
when will the new version jailbreak be released?
I think they aren't sure for the moment...

But will you update everything or stop at this moment, because the device is already a bit outdated and you updated already often?
weatherje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #63
KillerKlown
KillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with othersKillerKlown plays well with others

I got rid of JBPatch & Fonthack. Left CollectionsManager, Kindlet Jailbreak & jailbreak. Installed the update with no problems using usb. Works perfectly.

First impressions:

I was surprised how fast you can navigate now. Like wow, really fast.

ReadingTimer is awesome. Always wanted this feature.

The new layout (top bar) looks worse but menu is a definite upgrade for me.

The previous keyboard looked better.

Guess I need some time to get used to these things.

I don't care for the cover view or other fancy stuff.

CollectionsManager is still there but of course it doesn't work.

Conclusion:
After few hours I can honestly say I like the update...
but it doesn't mean I don't miss JBPatch...

so... ixtab, don't give up man, you're the reason kindle is the best e-reader out there
KillerKlown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #64
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wang View Post
when will the new version jailbreak be released?
Oh, how I love this question. I'm actually astonished that it was only asked now, and not earlier.

"Who do you lazy self-proclaimed developers think you are? It's already been more than 24 hours since the release of the new firmware, and there's still no jailbreak? You think I've got nothing else to do than to wait for you doing your job? Now what kind of customer service is that supposed to be?"

I'm personally not looking into developing any new jailbreak method for the Kindle Touch, because there is a well-known one, which Amazon cannot prevent: boot into fastboot mode, install an SSH-enabled diags partition, and from there install the jailbreak on main. It's all documented and readily applicable.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #65
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKlown View Post
CollectionsManager is still there but of course it doesn't work.
Version 2.3.2 does work
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #66
dukesilver
Connoisseur
dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I really like the update, but do miss the margin customization a bit. I'll be grateful when ixtab and other Kindle Kings work their magic with this.
dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #67
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filemon View Post
My experiece:
...but the GUI launcher disappeared...
This scares the crap outta me!! ()
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #68
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Device: K3, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Did you uninstall the Kindlet jailbreak, too?

Otherwise, if uninstalling everything is too painful, simply reflash a pristine 5.1.2 without anything, then install the jailbreak, then update. That's what I did.
Hi!

Made a reflash to 5.1.2 (using your manual/tutorial), installed the jailbreak and updated to 5.3.2

And... It worked like a charm!!

At the beggining looks a bit confusing (because of the RNIDS driver for USBNetworking), but it's an overall easy procedure.

It is supossed to be still jailbroken, isnt it?

Thanks a lot
corpcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #69
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Whenever someone finds an exploit
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #70
silverzhao
Enthusiast
silverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Hi, everyone. How could I boot into diagnostic mode when KT updated to 5.3.2, except the mfg tool?
I found this:
Code:
# idme -h
usage: idme <ARGUMENTS>
    --serial S    Sets the serial number S
    --board B     Sets the board id B
    --pcbsn PCB   Sets the pcb serial number PCB
    --mac M       Sets the MAC address M 
    --mfg ID      Sets the Manufacturer Code
    --bootmode BM Sets the bootmode value
    --postmode PM Sets the postmode value
    ?             Shows all existing values
So could
Code:
# idme --postmode ...(some mode name here?)
do this after reboot when I ssh into the KT in main mode?

Thank you!
silverzhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #71
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcd View Post
It is supossed to be still jailbroken, isnt it?
Ixtab told it should be still jailbroken since 5.3.2 is an incremental upgrade.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #72
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I uninstalled Kindle collections, Jbpatch and the kindlet jailbreak but i left the Jailbreak when i updated to 5.3.2,

Two questions

is my kindle touch still jailbroken and can i reinstall all of the above and will they work.

thanks alan
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #73
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
I uninstalled Kindle collections, Jbpatch and the kindlet jailbreak but i left the Jailbreak when i updated to 5.3.2,

Two questions

is my kindle touch still jailbroken and can i reinstall all of the above and will they work.

thanks alan
Yes still jailbroke. JBPatch won't work (yet). Kindlet jailbreak will work. Collections manager will work, but you need the newest version (2.3.2). So reinstalling what you have won't work, except the kindlet jb.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #74
filemon
filemon began at the beginning.

What about GUI Launcher? Will that work if I reinstall or if not, can it make any harm if I try it?
filemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #75
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by filemon View Post
What about GUI Launcher? Will that work if I reinstall or if not, can it make any harm if I try it?
Should not do any harm, but it won't work any more.

That reminds me: They try to mimic the PW, but fail a bit. You have to turn off wifi in settings - just like PW, but they did not add "settings" to the menu of a book. Strange, it is not just the missing home button on screen, as Amazon wants you to keep pressing the real button.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote