Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 03:40 AM   #1
cmb1175
Enthusiast
cmb1175 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 7th gen
calibre deleting my books

Hi

I have used calibre to send books to my kindle fire 2nd gen for a few years now but decided to get a second kindle as my old one was getting rather battered, i decided to use the old one as backup .

i have my library on my laptop and send my books to the kindle from it

i bought a kindle 7th gen so i could add a SD card and wanted to send my library to the SD card, i clicked set default send to device action thinking i was telling calibre to send to card > send to card A. but i have caused my self a problem as now when calibre sends a book it deleats it from my laptop library after its sent the book to my device, does anyone know how to stop calibre from deleting the books please as no matter what i try i cant stops it from deleting my books after its sent them to my kindle

thanks
caz
cmb1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The only 'Send and Delete' I know of is when the 'book' has the Tag: News
controlled by the nomber of days value at the bottom of" Schedule News
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb1175 View Post
Hi

I have used calibre to send books to my kindle fire 2nd gen for a few years now but decided to get a second kindle as my old one was getting rather battered, i decided to use the old one as backup .

i have my library on my laptop and send my books to the kindle from it

i bought a kindle 7th gen so i could add a SD card and wanted to send my library to the SD card, i clicked set default send to device action thinking i was telling calibre to send to card > send to card A. but i have caused my self a problem as now when calibre sends a book it deleats it from my laptop library after its sent the book to my device, does anyone know how to stop calibre from deleting the books please as no matter what i try i cant stops it from deleting my books after its sent them to my kindle

thanks
caz
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui...send-to-device

Quote:
Set default send to device action: Allows you to specify which of the options, 1 through 5 above or 7 below, will be the default action when you click the main button.
Quote:
Send and delete from library: The selected books are transferred to the selected storage location on the device and then deleted from the Library.
With your device connected you need to change your default action, right click on the send to device and select option # 2:
Quote:
Send to card (A): The selected books are transferred to the storage card (A) on the e-book reader.
bernie

Last edited by gbm; 07-31-2017 at 10:18 AM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
cmb1175
Enthusiast
cmb1175 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 7th gen
brill thanks bernie,

you are a saver of books lol.
the thing i was doing wrong was i didn't have the new kindle connected when i was trying put the original setting back in. once i connected the kindle clicked on Set default send to device action option # 2 Send to card (A): The selected books are transferred to the storage card (A) on the e-book reader. it sorted it out, the thing was having the new kindle connected

many thanks
caz
cmb1175 is offline   Reply With Quote