Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Cool Free (DRM-free) Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear [Central Asia Alt-History Fantasy]

Range of Ghosts by John W. Campbell Award-winning author Elizabeth Bear (ISFDB, Wikipedia, SFE) is the 1st novel in her original The Eternal Sky trilogy of epic throne-reclaiming historical fantasy novels set in an alternate magical version of our world during the time of Genghis Khan, which was later expanded into an eponymous series with additional tales, this installment beginning the obligatory plotting and scheming as two displaced heirs of different empires join forces to survive the ambitions of others, against hidden parties secretly manipulating and planning the ruin of them all, free courtesy of publisher Tor Books.

This is their featured eBook Club of the Month offer for October.

Currently free through October 9th directly @ the eBook Club's special promo page (DRM-free ePub & Mobi in exchange for newsletter signup with your valid email address; officially only available to Canada & the US due to geographic publishing rights restrictions)

If you are interested in following along with the book club discussion, it can be found under the Tor.com blog's dedicated tag for it.

Description
Range of Ghosts starts a high fantasy series set in a world based on our Asian Steppe in the time of Ghengis Khan.

Temur, grandson of the Great Khan, is walking away from a battlefield where he was left for dead. All around lie the fallen armies of his cousin and his brother, who made war to rule the Khaganate. Temur is now the legitimate heir by blood to his grandfather's throne, but he is not the strongest. Going into exile is the only way to survive his ruthless cousin.

Once-Princess Samarkar is climbing the thousand steps of the Citadel of the Wizards of Tsarepheth. She was heir to the Rasan Empire until her father got a son on a new wife. Then she was sent to be the wife of a Prince in Song, but that marriage ended in battle and blood. Now she has renounced her worldly power to seek the magical power of the wizards. These two will come together to stand against the hidden cult that has so carefully brought all the empires of the Celadon Highway to strife and civil war through guile and deceit and sorcerous power.

Last edited by ATDrake; 10-03-2016 at 07:21 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
... free courtesy of publisher Tor Books.

This is their featured eBook Club of the Month offer for October.
Even though I receive email notices from Tor, because I'm signed up, I have to "join" again every time they announce one. This month was no different. I use the same email address, and it always goes through without a hitch, but I suspect I'll have to "join" again next month.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2016, 01:41 AM   #3
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Even though I receive email notices from Tor, because I'm signed up, I have to "join" again every time they announce one. This month was no different. I use the same email address, and it always goes through without a hitch, but I suspect I'll have to "join" again next month.
It actually worked correctly for me last month and this month!
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:06 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Did you try the Confirm Details button instead?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:27 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Did you try the Confirm Details button instead?
Yes. I'm just not very memorable, I guess.

I'll see what happens next month.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
expired freebie