Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #91
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
As I've mentioned several times already, my mind is entirely made up on how users (including myself) need to select the files that they want this plugin to process. Users will learn that, or they won't. Their choice.
As TagMechanic is published under Licence GPLv3, everyone is allowed to make a fork
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #92
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You betcha. That's the beauty of it all. If I can't/won't do it for you... do it your dang self (or get someone else do it for you). You have my (and the GPLv3's) blessing.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:42 AM   #93
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Request

Please consider upgrading Tag Mechanic in Sigil to have the same features as Tag mechanic in in Calibre.

I much prefer your Calibre version.

Speaking from a position of ignorance, could a goodly portion of the Tag Mechanic code in Calibre not be used in a new Sigil version?
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #94
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are no features missing from the Sigil version compared to the calibre version (of the Span/Div Editor portion of the toolbag), that I'm aware of. If you're talking from a strictly aesthetics standpoint, there is already an overhaul of the plugin's UI in the works.

Not only COULD a goodly portion of the code from the calibre version be used in the Sigil version, a goodly portion of the the code already IS (and always was) used in the Sigil version.

Can you explain what features of the Span/Div Editor portion of my calibre Toolbag plugin you feel are different (or missing) from Sigil's Tagmechanic?

Keep in mind that the visual diffing capabilities of the calibre plugin are only possible because calibre itself provides that functionality--lock, stock and barrel. My plugin just "flips a switch" to display it. In that regard, there is unlikely to ever be a similar feature in the Sigil plugin itself. Sorry. Use Sigil's checkpointing feature if you want to see visual diffs of the changes a plugin makes (and to revert them if necessary).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-15-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:00 PM   #95
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Can you explain what features of the Span/Div Editor portion of my calibre Toolbag plugin you feel are different (or missing) from Sigil's Tagmechanic?

Keep in mind that the visual diffing capabilities of the calibre plugin are only possible because calibre itself provides that functionality--lock, stock and barrel. My plugin just "flips a switch" to display it. In that regard, there is unlikely to ever be a similar feature in the Sigil plugin itself. Sorry. Use Sigil's checkpointing feature if you want to see visual diffs of the changes a plugin makes (and to revert them if necessary).
In the Calibre version the Tag Mechanic the toolbar button has a switch. Clicking on the switch gives you a small menu (see screenshot). Takibg the first option is makes Tag mechanic "only affect the current file". If not taken it works on all files.

The Second option "Configuration" allows you to add/change "tags" that Tag Mechanic will work on. See larger screenshot below.

Unless I have missed something in the the Sigil version of Tag mechanic (NOT Unknown ). There is nothing in the Sigil version like this.

Please tell me if I am wrong and how to get the options I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tagmech2.png
Views:	150
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	182765   Click image for larger version

Name:	tagmech`d01.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	182766  

Last edited by Thasaidon; 10-15-2020 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Missing info and typo
Old 10-15-2020, 10:02 PM   #96
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Unless I have missed something in the the Sigil version of Tag mechanic (NOT Unknown ). There is nothing in the Sigil version like this.

Please tell me if I am wrong and how to get the options I am talking about.
You are wrong and have missed something(s).

Quote:
In the Calibre version the Tag Mechanic the toolbar button has a switch. Clicking on the switch gives you a small menu (see screenshot). Takibg the first option is makes Tag mechanic "only affect the current file". If not taken it works on all files.
The Sigil version is actually more granular in this regard. You simply select the files in Sigil's BookBrowser (before running the plugin) that you want the plugin to process. If you have one file selected, it will process that one file. If you have all files selected, it will process all of them. If you have some subset of all of the files selected, it will process that subset of files.

Quote:
The Second option "Configuration" allows you to add/change "tags" that Tag Mechanic will work on. See larger screenshot below.
Right-click somewhere on the plugin's user interface to bring up the config menu.

The interface will be changing soon (to PyQt5 which will look nearly identical to Sigil's UI), so that last one will be changing a bit. It will be available via a standard menu item rather than the current right-click.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-15-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:40 PM   #97
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
You are wrong and have missed something(s).

The Sigil version is actually more granular in this regard. You simply select the files in Sigil's BookBrowser (before running the plugin) that you want the plugin to process. If you have one file selected, it will process that one file. If you have all files selected, it will process all of them. If you have some subset of all of the files selected, it will process that subset of files.

Right-click somewhere on the plugin's user interface to bring up the config menu.

The interface will be changing soon (to PyQt5 which will look nearly identical to Sigil's UI), so that last one will be changing a bit. It will be available via a standard menu item rather than the current right-click.
Thank you for for the information.

I do not ever remember seeing a note about

Quote:
But have forgotten if I did.

That was the important one for me.

I understand what you say about the granularity of choosing which files you wish it to process in Sigil,

It is just annoying when you realise you have forgotten to specify the folders, again! But that is my problem

Last edited by Thasaidon; 10-15-2020 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-16-2020, 07:57 AM   #98
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you for for the information.

I do not ever remember seeing a note about

Quote:
But have forgotten if I did.
First post of this thread in the instructions section:

Quote:
Configuration: Right-clicking anywhere on the Plugin's dialog box should give you the option to customize the plugin. In that dialog, you'll be able to change/add/remove what tags are available to change the various tags to. You can also change/add/remove things from the list of attributes to look for. They're just comma-separated lists of elements/attributes, get cute and you might break something. There's a Reset to Default button if you get in trouble.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:15 AM   #99
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
First post of this thread in the instructions section:
"Do-oh' Yes I remember NOW you have mentioned iti.

So much to remember, such an inefficient retrieval system.

And it does not get better as you get older, grumble, grumble, mumble.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #100
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
And it does not get better as you get older, grumble, grumble, mumble.
I can attest to that! Hence my recent penchant for over-the-top personal procedural documentation.

The jigsaw puzzles and sudoku don't seem to be keeping me from forgetting the details of processes I don't perform very frequently.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #101
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Newly released v0.5.0. Converted the UI to PyQt5 to match Sigil's. Those using a version of Sigil that comes with Python already bundled should have no issues. Linux users (or those choosing to use an external Python interpreter) will need to make sure PyQt5 is installed. If you're using some of my other plugins, it probably already is, but instructions to install PyQt5 on Linux can always be found in the instructions in the plugin's first post.

Nothing new from a functional standpoint, really, for those who are averse to updating.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #102
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Whoops nearly forgot... a huuuuge thanks to @BeckyEbook for providing the translation for TagMechanic in the Polish language!
Old 10-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #103
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Problem

I just installed Tag Mechanic v0.5.0.

When I ran it via Calibre this error message immediately popped up.

Spoiler:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\dialogs.py", line 15, in <module>
from PySide2.QtCore import Qt, QByteArray, QCoreApplication, QLibraryInfo, QTimer, QTranslator, qVersion
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PySide2'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Prog1\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.p y", line 134, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
from dialogs import launch_gui
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\dialogs.py", line 22, in <module>
from PyQt5.QtCore import Qt, QByteArray, QCoreApplication, QLibraryInfo, QTimer, QTranslator, qVersion
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
Error: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

When I opened a book directly using Sigil I got a slightly different message.

Spoiler:

PyQt5
File "C:\Prog1\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.p y", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\plugin.py", line 50, in run
bailOut = launch_gui(bk, prefs)
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\dialogs.py", line 36, in launch_gui
setup_highdpi(bk._w.highdpi)
AttributeError: 'Wrapper' object has no attribute 'highdpi'
Error: 'Wrapper' object has no attribute 'highdpi'

I have downloaded the plugin twice and reinstalled it in case of corruption as we are having problems with our internet connection locally. The previous version worked fine.

I an using windows 10, Sigil 1.1 and Calibre 5.2

What have I missed this time.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:17 AM   #104
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Please don't report any errors that result from launching Sigil with calibre's "Open With" plugin. We're not supporting the use of that plugin when calibre has an inherent Open With feature (though both methods work fine for me with the latest versions of Sigil, calibre, and Open With).

As for this plugin specifically, I clearly missed protecting a call to a function that is not available until Sigil 1.2. That's why it won't work with your 1.1 version. I'll try to get a version out soon that corrects that problem. Fixing issues with launching Sigil from within calibre, however, are not going to be priority for me,

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-18-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #105
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Try this version with your Sigil 1.1 (no point in testing it by launching via your version of calibre; nothing was changed in that regard).

The plugin won't be able to match Sigil's highdpi settings, dark mode / light mode settings, or Sigil's ui font until you upgrade to at least Sigil 1.2, but it should at least function.

EDIT: removed beta attachment as it's now been incorporated into the official release on the first page of the thread.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-19-2020 at 09:24 AM.