Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Curious Behavior?

I came across something this evening in Sigil that I find a little curious. There may however be a good reason for it hence the "?" in the Title.

I found the "Clip View" opened it and docked it. I like the look of it more than the "Clips Toobar" so decided to use it assuming I could use it instead of the toolbar.

I found however that using it I could not insert clips into "Find and Replace" fields or into the Stylesheet. I could insert clips into pages in "Book View" and into "Code View".

I "expected" both the Clip View and Clip Toolbat to have the same functionality.

Is it a bug? Is my PC playing up? Is there a good reason for the difference in functionality? Will Pearl be rescued from the railway tracks in time?

I am running Windows 7 (64bit) Home and the latest version of Sigil.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:35 AM   #2
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello is anyone out there?

Is there an answer to my query above?
Old 10-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sorry but I have been tied up with other bugs and have not had a chance to even look at this yet.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I recall another discussion about not being able to paste from Clips into the Find & Replace fields, but I haven't had any luck searching for it yet.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #5
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Sorry but I have been tied up with other bugs and have not had a chance to even look at this yet.
No need to apologize. I know you have been busy in another thread as I have been following it. You also have a job which takes up a lot of your time and not a gentleman of liesure and retired like me.

It was just that it is so rare for a question not receive some kind of answer after a couple of days I wondered if everyone had missed it.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:23 AM   #6
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Hi Diapdealer

I found the earlier discussion about this issue. If I read it at time I had completely forgotten it.

It was in mid August of this year. Hopefully the link below should take you to it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=15

Doitsu gave three work arounds, one of which, I want to try so it is hardly a major problem.

The discussion then quickly went off on to other issues and did not answer the question as to whether the behaviour was an oversight, a bug or how the feature was intended to work.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-05-2018 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Fixed url
Old 10-05-2018, 06:13 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
scrap

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-05-2018 at 05:16 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Hi Diapdealer

I found the earlier discussion about this issue. If I read it at time I had completely forgotten it.

It was in mid August of this year. Hopefully the link below should take you to it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=15

Doitsu gave three work arounds, one of which, I want to try so it is hardly a major problem.

The discussion then quickly went off on to other issues and did not answer the question as to whether the behaviour was an oversight, a bug or how the feature was intended to work.
Thanks for tracking it down for me! I fixed the link, btw.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #9
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Thanks for tracking it down for me! I fixed the link, btw.
Thanks to everyone about the link. I should have done a preview first.

I will not forget again.