Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #91
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
You are very active Marcel,
Many thanks I'll be trying it tomorrow

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #92
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Hi Marcel, thanks for the update!

It installs well on the DR800, the new options to import are present in the file menu. Concerning the label functionality, it seems all works except for the bit when you select "about" where only the description of xournal shows up. I am not completely sure but I believe that it worked correctly in the pre- version before .... best regards!
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #93
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
Hi, Marcel.

I can say the same as fekhner. When you select "About", the normal description of Xournal shows up.

Anyway, thank you so much for this new release.

Paco
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 AM   #94
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Seems that I forgot to mention that I added a new item in the toolbar to show the labels. See the 12th item on the 2nd line
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #95
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Yes, it works. Thanks, Marcel, nice feature.
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #96
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
the item indeed works, but there is no icon attached to it, just an empty place on which tapping gives the desired result ...
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:15 AM   #97
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
the item indeed works, but there is no icon attached to it, just an empty place on which tapping gives the desired result ...
You are right, I must have manually copied it to my DR and forgot about it ...
Please copy the attached image to: X:\Programs\_xournal\share\xournal\pixmaps on your SD card. (Or any other icon as long as you name it bookmark.png.)

Sorry,
Marcel.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #98
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Now the icon is shown! Thanks

Paco
Old 03-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #99
Paquillo
Enthusiast

I will explain an issue I have found while using Xournal with PDF files. When I scroll up, down, right or left, some traces of the shown figures are left where they were before the scrolling action. They appear as shadows of the figures in light grey.

I suppose it is due to the fact that Xournal was ported to this platform, being a desktop application, and the type of screen driver is not well suited for it.

Paco
Old 03-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #100
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquillo View Post
I will explain an issue I have found while using Xournal with PDF files. When I scroll up, down, right or left, some traces of the shown figures are left where they were before the scrolling action. They appear as shadows of the figures in light grey.

I suppose it is due to the fact that Xournal was ported to this platform, being a desktop application, and the type of screen driver is not well suited for it.

Paco
Hi Paco,

E-ink screens have some ghosting effect, this can be prevented by blanking the screen before drawing new information. This is done in the 'native' application when turning pages. Xournal also has a similar behaviour when turning (full) pages, but not for scrolling.

Marcel.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #101
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Hi Paco,

E-ink screens have some ghosting effect, this can be prevented by blanking the screen before drawing new information. This is done in the 'native' application when turning pages. Xournal also has a similar behaviour when turning (full) pages, but not for scrolling.

Marcel.
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #102
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
A minor wish:

as DR programs didn't use scrollbars, IREX people didn't modify their style in the theme they provided. But as we port some programs, these scrollbars look very big and ugly.

An easy per-app way to fix it is defining a proper style which is used in the program.
This is the way I use in my vala programs:

Code:
private const string DEFAULT_STYLE = """
style 'basic_style' {
  GtkScrollbar::slider_width = 12
  GtkScrollbar::stepper_size = 12
}
class 'GtkWidget' style 'basic_style'
""";
[...]
Gtk.init(ref args);
Gtk.rc_parse_string(DEFAULT_STYLE);
var app = new SysInfo();
[...]
It should be quite similar in C, just remember to load and parse the new style just AFTER gtk.init call and before any widget is realized.

Mackx, could you add this, please? Xournal will really look better.

Thanks,
Iņigo

Last edited by Iņigo; 06-20-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 AM   #103
Mackx
Guru

Thanks for the info.

Wouldn't it be better to put this in an .rc-file? It would allow others to experiment and determine better settings?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 AM   #104
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Thanks for the info.

Wouldn't it be better to put this in an .rc-file? It would allow others to experiment and determine better settings?
Well... yes... but who would do it?
These are tiny changes, I prefer to hardcode them
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #105
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Well... yes... but who would do it?
Well, there is someone on this forum that sends me rc-settings to add in the code
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
These are tiny changes, I prefer to hardcode them
I tried them and indeed it looks better. I will make a release soon.

Tags
xournal