Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
VPN on iPad?

Got my iPad 2 days ago.
As usual, I go for the US store instead of the German one: Lower prices and way more titles available...
As always, there are quite a few titles with regional restrictions.
I've checked the "ABC" application. Of course it did claim "not outside of the US available". Same probably for "Pandora" and other interesting titles.
Is there any known way, to circumvent via VPN? (Directly on iPad, not through router/PC)
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Got my iPad 2 days ago.
As usual, I go for the US store instead of the German one: Lower prices and way more titles available...
As always, there are quite a few titles with regional restrictions.
I've checked the "ABC" application. Of course it did claim "not outside of the US available". Same probably for "Pandora" and other interesting titles.
Is there any known way, to circumvent via VPN? (Directly on iPad, not through router/PC)
Yes, PureVPN

I have not used it myself but I have seen it discussed many times in Canadian iPhone/iPad forums as the most reliable solution--especially the dedicated IP plan. It's not available to all countries but it is in Germany. There are simple instructions there for setting it up on the iPhone...it's the same for iPad VPN.

The free hotspotshield also works but some providers (like Pandora) seem to be aware of its redirection method (known IPs?) and block it.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Witopia service also works directly from within the iPhone/iPad settings
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
Yes, PureVPN

I have not used it myself but I have seen it discussed many times in Canadian iPhone/iPad forums as the most reliable solution--especially the dedicated IP plan. It's not available to all countries but it is in Germany. There are simple instructions there for setting it up on the iPhone...it's the same for iPad VPN.

The free hotspotshield also works but some providers (like Pandora) seem to be aware of its redirection method (known IPs?) and block it.
Thanks a lot!
Jut opened a PureVPN test account, working flawlessly.
Briefly watched an episode of "Better off Ted" via "ABC Player".
Next I'll try my luck with "Pandora".

Update: Netflix is working as well (disappointing content though).
Update 2: Pandora is working as well

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-30-2010 at 01:01 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Hi how did you get to us store to download abc player in the first place?
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Hi how did you get to us store to download abc player in the first place?
How to set-up a US account from other countries
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
stustaff
Wizard

Thanks downloaded and all sorted