Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Book title on every page

Is there a way to do this, like the paper books do? I am referring to an epub that has already been created or converted.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
Is there a way to do this, like the paper books do? I am referring to an epub that has already been created or converted.
Thanks,
Paul
Add a Background Image? (and probably kill readability )

There are no 'Pages' unless you kill reflow by using Images of the original page.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
In theory, yes. That is what the CSS attribute oeb-page-head is for. So far the good news. The bad news is, that none (AFAK) reading systems actually support it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
In theory, yes. That is what the CSS attribute oeb-page-head is for. So far the good news. The bad news is, that none (AFAK) reading systems actually support it.
Well, i guess its not even in the epUb STandard and the question has nothing to do with SIGIL . Please ask in the ePub Forum, this is the forum dealing with ePub questions! I cant believe that its just so difficult to find a correct (sub)forum for this.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The oeb-page-head IS in the ePUB v2 standard (and also v3). It is just a decision from the manufacturers like Adobe that it is not supported.

And yes, this should be in the ePUB forum.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
I agree with Huebi, does not involve Sigil
Moving to EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
p3aul
Captain Courageous

Ok I have about had it with these Net-Nannies! If ya'll weren't so full of self importance you can't let an honest question get bogged down in your infernal meddling I'll find another forum! thducks you can kiss my ***!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The question was answered:
Yes, the ePub spec allows for such a thing (oeb-page-head), but the manufacturers of the various reading systems choose not to support it.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-25-2012 at 07:33 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@p3aul: Have you considered that one reason for moving it, is that people more knowledgeable about the issue you are asking might hang in THIS forum rather than where it was originally?

Calling people net-nannies for trying to help by moving the question to a more appropriate forum is rather immature.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
p3aul
Captain Courageous

The question was asked in Sigil because that was the app i was going to use to put the title of the book on every page. See your moderator asked not if I thought the question might be better asked in another forum but arbitrarily put it where *they* thought it belonged. So you see people on the epub forum, probably having no reason to know anything about Sigil would not know if Sigil could do what I asked, which was why I asked in the Sigil forum and not the Epub forum. But who said I was going to use a hardware reader? there are other readers that exist as software that runs on different OS. Before they jump the gun and put it where they want, they should have contacted me. The problem is these "Net Nannies(my word for *all* forum moderators) are interested in assigning posts to where, in their opinion, they belong. The problem is, these Net nannies know so little of the problems(questions asked) they don't really know where they belong. Wouldn't it be wiser, in theis case to let the original poster decide? Just because they have a question to ask doesn't mean they are complete beginners!

And just because I disagree with what seems the majority doesn't mean that I'm immature, just right.

Last edited by p3aul; 05-25-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
You'd be surprised at how many people who know all about epub also use Sigil....

But I'm not one of them. Maybe some day again.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
p3aul
Captain Courageous

Of course there are but I was talking about moderators no the people who work with sigil and epub every day. Moderators are just people who like to feel important. That's why I call them "Net Nannies". They want to police everything and enjoy being in charge. If they knew anything, hey would give advise. About the only time you here from them is when they make the pronouncement that they have moved a post because "they" think it belongs in a different forum. I expect any minute to be shut down and this post "Closed"
Old 05-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
So the fact that your question was answered before the thread was ever moved is irrelevant?

You're supposed to be able to achieve what you want to do to in theory... but you can't in practice. That's really about it. It has nothing to do a "majority" or hardware vs software reading systems. The oeb-page-head/foot spec just isn't being supported/honored.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-25-2012 at 09:54 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
p3aul
Captain Courageous

Well this isn't the forum where I put the question so I will *not* discuss it here. I happen to like Sigil and it's features and was wondering if the feature I wanted was one of them. I can't control the fact that my post was moved but because it is *not* relevant to this particular forum, I refuse to discuss it here. A Net Nannie can close this thread if he wishes, I will not post in this thread on this forum.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
Well this isn't the forum where I put the question so I will *not* discuss it here. I happen to like Sigil and it's features and was wondering if the feature I wanted was one of them. I can't control the fact that my post was moved but because it is *not* relevant to this particular forum, I refuse to discuss it here. A Net Nannie can close this thread if he wishes, I will not post in this thread on this forum.
The answer is yes, you can use Sigil to set up what you want. But ADE will not display it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote