Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #766
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (retired), AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by TisoKhan View Post
Thanks Ken! I've used the DOS Edit to insert the line on setting.reader.lua and it's working!!! I just didn't get how to make KSM always open as the main firmware.

I'm so glad for your help! Have a awesome day!
A part of the first post that you may have missed:

KSM is by default configured to run only after every second reboot, and nickel automatically runs after every other second reboot. This is a kind of security measure in case KSM does not properly run after installation (something that cannot be excluded with future firmwares or changed hardware). After KSM has started the first time, please change this behaviour:

•select "tools" > "activate" > "set runmenu settings.msh" > "always"

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #767
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TisoKhan View Post
And that only bothers me about the REAL problem: I hate the Nickel. It's been a whole year that it doesn't open none of my ePUBS. Sometimes it opens the ePUBS that I got from the store, but never opens the ones that I transfered from my PC. It opens directly on the last page of all the files that I want to read. And it doesn't turn the pages back also. Since the harware is working fine when I run the KSM and the KO Reader, it makes me think that it's some kind of programed obsolescence. In the other hand, the alterate firmwares are doing just fine.
No, there is no programmed obsolescence in the Kobo device. If you look, there are people here still using the the original Kobo device which is three or four years older than your Glo. And my Touch is still running strong when I use.

The problem as described is most likely a corrupt database. Signing out of the Kobo account and back in will probably solve the problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote