Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Can't open BN book in Calibre

I'm at work and do not have my NT so I bought a book via my browser and downloaded the book onto my PC. When I opened the book with Calibre, I got the DRM message. I have the Alf plugins and added in my name and credit card number. I have deleted and added the book a number of times and still can't open it. Any advice?

On Alf's site, there is a note about disabling an ADE plugin as it may cause a problem when importing BN books to Calibre. But I do not have ADE installed on my computer so that shouldn't be the problem.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The comments area of Alf's blog is the best place to ask about the plug-ins in question.

If you're just wanting to read the book for now most work in Nook for Web (or barring that Nook for PC).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
I got the DRM message. I have the Alf plugins and added in my name and credit card number.
Happened to me after two different Calibre upgrades. I had to re-add the "alf" plugins both times.
Another time was my fault as I changed credit card info at B&N and forgot to alert my long suffering spouse and change Calibre on her pc.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
Happened to me after two different Calibre upgrades. I had to re-add the "alf" plugins both times.
Another time was my fault as I changed credit card info at B&N and forgot to alert my long suffering spouse and change Calibre on her pc.
I did upgrade Calibre today...I'll re-add the plugins tonight and fingers crossed, hopefully it'll work. Aside from opening the book, I want to de-DRM it so this has to be resolved.

I've bought books from Kobo and Amazon and used Calibre to get them to work on my Nook. Don't remember having any problems. Ironic that as a Nook user, I can't actually get the BN books to work.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
tdonline
Addict

Geormes, bingo! Thanks. I keep telling myself that if I'm happy enough with my current version of Calibre, I should leave well enough alone. And then of course as there's an upgrade available, I'm there!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
If you have all the available plugins installed, sometimes the Ignoble Epub and Inept Epub plugins conflict, and if that happens, you will need to disable which ever is not the right one for your ebook, remove the book from Calibre and then import it again.
I find this mainly happens when I import books bought from Barnes & Noble. So I just disable the Inept plugin and then enable it again once the B&N book has been successfully imported.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote