Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Can I change the dictionary?

I have a Nook ST Glo, and I am wanting to know if I can change the default dictionary or at least add others?
I dont like the Webster's dictionary and would prefer to use an OED or one that uses spelling from my country.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Not without rooting it. There have been several earlier threads about dictionaries; I suggest you do a search (although the answer is no, so that's what you will find )
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Katy Did
Katy Did began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook STG
I wonder if this is something that B & N are planning to add? If I look up a word it has an option to "change dictionary", but Oxford English is the only one available. Also under 'Settings' there's a "Manage Dictionaries" option, but again only the Oxford one is listed.
Katy Did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I agree, it sounds promising! That would really be nice.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote