Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #2161
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Amanda Quick's The Girl Who Knew Too Much (Burning Cove #1) on sale for $1.99 (aka Jayne Ann Krentz)

Spoiler:
Amanda Quick, the bestselling author of The Other Lady Vanishes, transports readers to 1930s California, where glamour and seduction spawn a multitude of sins…

At the exclusive Burning Cove Hotel on the coast of California, rookie reporter Irene Glasson finds herself staring down at a beautiful actress at the bottom of a pool...

The dead woman had something Irene wanted: a red-hot secret about an up-and-coming leading man—a scoop that may have gotten her killed. As Irene searches for the truth about the drowning, she’s drawn to a master of deception. Once a world-famous magician whose career was mysteriously cut short, Oliver Ward is now the owner of the Burning Cove Hotel. He can’t let scandal threaten his livelihood, even if it means trusting Irene, a woman who seems to have appeared in Los Angeles out of nowhere four months ago.

With Oliver’s help, Irene soon learns that the glamorous paradise of Burning Cove hides dark and dangerous secrets. And that the past—always just out of sight—could drag them both under...

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:56 PM   #2162
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion #2) by Jessie Mihalik (A/5 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 10-6.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	174046  
Old 10-13-2019, 09:22 AM   #2163
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Cross-post to the mystery thread for info and links to a big series-starter sale, across multiple genres, including romance, at both Nook (70+ titles) and Amazon US (140 titles).

link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3902829
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #2164
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay #8) by Jill Shalvis (F/1 star)
  • Star Cruise: Idol’s Curse (Sectors #13) by Veronica Scott (C/2 stars)
  • Trade Secrets (The Killibrew Sisters #1) by Carla Neggers (B+/4 stars)
  • Family Matters (The Killibrew Sisters #2) by Carla Neggers (C-/2 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 10-13.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	174223  

Last edited by library addict; 10-15-2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: corrected series name
Old 10-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #2165
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sapphire Flames is the most recent in the Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews, just published a month or two ago. It is on sale now for £2.99. It has been sitting at £4.99 for the last few months (although it was briefly at £2.99 during its pre-order as well), so this is a nice drop.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G141J8W

Spoiler:
Quote:
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Ilona Andrews comes an enthralling new trilogy set in the Hidden Legacy world, where magic means power, and family bloodlines are the new currency of society…

In a world where magic is the key to power and wealth, Catalina Baylor is a Prime, the highest rank of magic user, and the Head of her House. Catalina has always been afraid to use her unique powers, but when her friend’s mother and sister are murdered, Catalina risks her reputation and safety to unravel the mystery.

But behind the scenes powerful forces are at work, and one of them is Alessandro Sagredo, the Italian Prime who was once Catalina’s teenage crush. Dangerous and unpredictable, Alessandro’s true motives are unclear, but he’s drawn to Catalina like a moth to a flame.

To help her friend, Catalina must test the limits of her extraordinary powers, but doing so may cost her both her House–and her heart.

Last edited by sufue; 10-14-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #2166
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
A couple of PNR freebies from Sourcebooks. For both of these books, the second and third in the series are also on sale for $1.99 and $2.99 respectively.

The Last Wolf by Maria Vale

Spoiler:
For three days out of thirty, when the moon is full and her law is iron, the Great North Pack must be wild.

If she returns to her Pack, the stranger will die.
But if she stays...

Silver Nilsdottir is at the bottom of her Pack's social order, with little chance for a decent mate and a better life. Until the day a stranger stumbles into their territory, wounded and beaten, and Silver decides to risk everything on Tiberius Leveraux. But Tiberius isn't all he seems, and in the fragile balance of the Pack and wild, he may tip the destiny of all wolves...

Highland Dragon Warrior by Isabel Cooper

Spoiler:
Legend claims
When Scotland fell to English rule
The Highland dragons took a vow:
Freedom at any price.

The war may be over, but so long as English magic controls the Highlands, not even a dragon laird can keep his clan safe. What Cathal MacAlasdair needs is a warrior fierce enough to risk everything, yet gifted enough to outwit an enemy more monster than man.

What he needs is Sophia.

Alchemist Sophia Metzger traveled to Loch Arach in search of knowledge. She never dreamed she'd learn to do battle, ride through the stars on the back of a dragon, or catch the eye of a Highland laird. But as her quest turns to sizzling chemistry and inescapable danger, she'll soon discover the thrill of being caught in a dragon's claws...
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #2167
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
The Cambio Springs series is yet another one buried on Mt. TBR. I have the first 2 (maybe 3) books. I heard it was really good. One of these days.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've read books #1 and #2 in Cambio Springs, and I've liked them a lot. The third one is my mountain but I didn't know about the novellas. More to the TBR
I quite enjoyed it. Such a different take on shifter mythology. I hadn't planned to read them all back-to-back, but once I started I just kept going

The first novella is set three years prior to book one and is about Jena's drive home.
Spoiler:
It made me really like Lowell, so I was glad I read it first. I remember thinking the author would have her work cut for her making me like the hero of book one, but that didn't turn out to be an issue.

The second novella gave a lot of background for the couple of book two. Both are short novellas (about 30-35 pages).

I know I said I picked it because it was a "done" series, but now having read it I want more! So I am really hoping we get the promised book for Sean soon. I would also love to have a story for Willow

ETA:
Spoiler:
The books/novellas build on each other so should be read in order if possible. The overarching storyline is not wrapped up in the third book, but each romance is self-contained. So not really any cliff-hangers, but I hope she finishes as there are loose ends that need to be dealt with. She has a note on her website that though the series is officially on hold she does plan to write one more novella and then Sean's book, so fingers crossed.
Great news in the author's newsletter today. We will be getting Sean's story! She plans to serialize it in her monthly newsletters in 2020 (then eventually release it as an ebook.) Bummed the series has moved to Kindle Unlimited, but I understand why authors try for their share of the "page reads" pie.

Sad that Willow won't get her own book. But seeing as I thought we'd never get more of this world I am excited .

You can read all about it on her blog.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:51 PM   #2168
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Great news in the author's newsletter today. We will be getting Sean's story! She plans to serialize it in her monthly newsletters in 2020 (then eventually release it as an ebook.) Bummed the series has moved to Kindle Unlimited, but I understand why authors try for their share of the "page reads" pie.

Sad that Willow won't get her own book. But seeing as I thought we'd never get more of this world I am excited .

You can read all about it on her blog.
Thank you! I'll check I'm in her newsletter.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #2169
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I should have been reading, but I spent some time yesterday updating my author lists. I moved a few long-time autobuys to library-only if the blurb interests me status. It's been a long time coming, but it was definitely time.

I also added a few newer authors to auto-buy status (Jessie Mihalik, Amanda Bouchet, Helen Hoang, etc). They are all authors I’ve been buying anyway, but I updated my “official” list.

There are some authors who do not have updated websites who haven't published anything new in over a year that I decided to give one more calendar year before taking off/moving to my "no longer publishing" list.

I've pruned my auto-buy list quite a lot in the last few years. But this time around I was more ruthless and didn't let nostalgia color my view of their most recent books.

I know—logically—that just because I no longer plan to buy their new books it doesn't mean I love their older books any less. Guess it's just taken more than a few disappointing books in a row to convince me to get over the "but maybe the next one will be better" hope.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:02 AM   #2170
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think my auto-buy list is quite small.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #2171
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • All in a Name by Carla Neggers (B-/3 stars)
  • Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs #4) by Dee J Adams (D-/1 star)
  • The Rookie (Fire’s Edge #2) by Abigail Owen (C/2 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 10-20.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	174405  

Last edited by library addict; 10-20-2019 at 09:31 PM. Reason: corrected grade
Old 10-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #2172
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A couple of books on sale this week for $0.99 that I bought, immediately read (surprising considering the height of my TBR mountain ) and would definitely recommend if you like those tropes:

The Duke I Tempted by Scarlett Peckham (Victorian MOC, submissive hero)

Spoiler:
He’s controlled. Meticulous. Immaculate. No one would expect the proper Duke of Westmead to be a member of London’s most illicit secret club. Least of all: his future wife.

Having overcome financial ruin and redeemed his family name to become the most legendary investor in London, the Duke of Westmead needs to secure his holdings by producing an heir. Which means he must find a wife who won’t discover his secret craving to spend his nights on his knees – or make demands on his long scarred-over heart.

Poppy Cavendish is not that type of woman. An ambitious self-taught botanist designing the garden ballroom in which Westmead plans to woo a bride, Poppy has struggled against convention all her life to secure her hard-won independence. She wants the capital to expand her exotic nursery business – not a husband.

But there is something so compelling about Westmead, with his starchy bearing and impossibly kind eyes -- that when an accidental scandal makes marriage to the duke the only means to save her nursery, Poppy worries she wants more than the title he is offering. The arrangement is meant to be just business. A greenhouse for an heir. But Poppy yearns to unravel her husband’s secrets – and to tempt the duke to risk his heart.

Author’s Note: Dear readers, please be aware this is an angsty, twisty book written in the style of a gothic romance, and there are some dark moments along the path to a happy ending for our characters. No spoilers here, but if you are a sensitive reader please do consult the reviews before diving in. Yours, Scarlett

I Temporarily Do by Ellie Cahill (New Adult, fake marriage)

Spoiler:
A little white lie. A little white wedding. A pair of roommates in over their heads.

Days before she's set to move across the country and start a prestigious graduate program, a con artist leaves Emmy with no where to live and less than zero dollars in her bank account. But her day doesn't seem quite so bad compared to Beckett's--his fiancée called off their wedding just days before they tie the knot. Now he's single and ineligible for his place in married student housing.

So what are a girl without a home and a guy without a wife supposed to do? A quickie wedding in Vegas will solve both their problems. It's a business arrangement, and no one even needs to know. They'll just get an annulment in a few months. What could go wrong?

Only Beckett forgot to mention his new apartment is a one-bedroom. And neither of them counted on their new friends at Middlesex University thinking they're a great couple.

The platonic newlywed game might be harder to play than Emmy thought. Especially when it starts to feel less than platonic.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #2173
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Thanks!

Also, I Temporarily Do happens to be FREE right now as well! And at Kobo US & Google Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
A couple of books on sale this week for $0.99 that I bought, immediately read (surprising considering the height of my TBR mountain ) and would definitely recommend if you like those tropes:

The Duke I Tempted by Scarlett Peckham (Victorian MOC, submissive hero)

Spoiler:
He’s controlled. Meticulous. Immaculate. No one would expect the proper Duke of Westmead to be a member of London’s most illicit secret club. Least of all: his future wife.

Having overcome financial ruin and redeemed his family name to become the most legendary investor in London, the Duke of Westmead needs to secure his holdings by producing an heir. Which means he must find a wife who won’t discover his secret craving to spend his nights on his knees – or make demands on his long scarred-over heart.

Poppy Cavendish is not that type of woman. An ambitious self-taught botanist designing the garden ballroom in which Westmead plans to woo a bride, Poppy has struggled against convention all her life to secure her hard-won independence. She wants the capital to expand her exotic nursery business – not a husband.

But there is something so compelling about Westmead, with his starchy bearing and impossibly kind eyes -- that when an accidental scandal makes marriage to the duke the only means to save her nursery, Poppy worries she wants more than the title he is offering. The arrangement is meant to be just business. A greenhouse for an heir. But Poppy yearns to unravel her husband’s secrets – and to tempt the duke to risk his heart.

Author’s Note: Dear readers, please be aware this is an angsty, twisty book written in the style of a gothic romance, and there are some dark moments along the path to a happy ending for our characters. No spoilers here, but if you are a sensitive reader please do consult the reviews before diving in. Yours, Scarlett

I Temporarily Do by Ellie Cahill (New Adult, fake marriage)

Spoiler:
A little white lie. A little white wedding. A pair of roommates in over their heads.

Days before she's set to move across the country and start a prestigious graduate program, a con artist leaves Emmy with no where to live and less than zero dollars in her bank account. But her day doesn't seem quite so bad compared to Beckett's--his fiancée called off their wedding just days before they tie the knot. Now he's single and ineligible for his place in married student housing.

So what are a girl without a home and a guy without a wife supposed to do? A quickie wedding in Vegas will solve both their problems. It's a business arrangement, and no one even needs to know. They'll just get an annulment in a few months. What could go wrong?

Only Beckett forgot to mention his new apartment is a one-bedroom. And neither of them counted on their new friends at Middlesex University thinking they're a great couple.

The platonic newlywed game might be harder to play than Emmy thought. Especially when it starts to feel less than platonic.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #2174
worktolive
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
Thanks!

Also, I Temporarily Do happens to be FREE right now as well! And at Kobo US & Google Play
That's right, I forgot. I like the author so I bought it at $0.99 a couple of days ago and then it dropped to free. That's okay, I sometimes buy things even at full price to support the author.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #2175
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Silver-Tongued Devil is the first in the Portland Devils series by Rosalind James, many of whose books I've really enjoyed. It is free right now at Kindle US and UK.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWMCBQG
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-Tong...dp/B01LWMCBQG/

Spoiler:
Quote:
No more wild rides. No more wild side.

Blake Orbison's pro football career with the Portland Devils may have come crashing to an end, but not calling the signals anymore just gives him more time to devote to his business enterprises, including the latest and greatest: the opening of the Wild Horse Resort in scenic north Idaho. And that other one, too. Blake's on the marriage track now, and he's got a game plan. But when he runs into a trespasser leaping from his shoreline boulders into his lake, what's a good ol' boy to do but strip down and join her?

Dakota Savage is nobody's temporary diversion, least of all the man responsible for her family's semi-desperate circumstances. Some people may think she has a piercing too many, but she's had more than enough of being called trash in this town. She's come home to Wild Horse to run her stepfather's painting business, and any extra time she has goes into creating her stained glass. An overpaid, entitled, infuriating NFL quarterback is no part of her life plan, no matter how sweet he talks. No matter how slow he smiles. No matter what.