Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
Frizzell
Enthusiast
Frizzell began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader & Prestigio on Android
Plugin that can detect broken sentences

Does anyone know if there is a plugin that can detect broken sentences within the text structure of an epub? When I say 'broken sentences', I mean a sentence that breaks off on one line and picks up two lines below.
FOR EXAMPLE:
[He soon realized that they did not have any past experiences or original thoughts and ideas to share with Him. Nor did they

show any signs of wanting to learn more beyond the music they loved and were so proficient at.]

I'm don't expect any plugin to fix this type of situation. I'm just looking for a way to scan and detect such books, because I have a lot of old epubs that were scanned many years ago, thus creating the problem, but other than that, all the text, indentations, etc. are still fine and readable, and I hate to throw them out.

Perhaps a plugin like 'Quality Check' could add that ability to it's list of epub structure items that it scans for. All thoughts are welcome.

Last edited by Frizzell; 03-24-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Frizzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have a number of REGEX (Sigil saved searches below)
Code:
71\Name=Cleanup/Joins/Join to lower
71\Find="([[:alpha:],][\"\xe2\x80\x9d]*)</p>\\s*<p\\b[^>]*>([a-z\xe2\x80\x9c\"])"
71\Replace=\\1 \\2

72\Name=Cleanup/Joins/Join to upper
72\Find="([[:alpha:],]\xe2\x80\x9d*)</p>\\s*<p\\b[^>]*>([\"\xe2\x80\x9c]*[A-Z])"
72\Replace=\\1 \\2

74\Name=Cleanup/Joins/Initials
74\Find=([A-Z]\\.)</p>\\s*<p\\b[^>]*>([\"\xe2\x80\x9c]*[A-Z])
74\Replace=\\1 \\2

80\Name=Cleanup/Joins/Honorifics
80\Find="(Mr|Mrs|Ms|Dr|Prof)\\.</p>\\s+<p class=\"calibre\\d+\">([A-Z])"
80\Replace=\\1. \\2

Note that some need the class name corrected

I always do a Search, replace Next because there are always exceptions that I have not trapped (did not even try. It take a few minutes to run the series of S&R's)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe one of the Sigil plugins can do that ==>> Sigil Plugin Index

It'll be one at a time, not en-masse.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, plugin development, quality check, scanned, sentence structure