Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
JoeS
Enthusiast
JoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
Exclamation DPT-RP1 sync to OneDrive broken since FCU

Ever since the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the Digital Paper App refuses to sync to local OneDrive folders. This used to work just fine.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? And also, is there anyone that installed the FCU and who can still sync to a OneDrive folder?

Symptoms:
- I cannot set a OneDrive folder as the sync folder
- existing OneDrive sync setting now gives an error when trying to sync
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
bfReader
bfReader began at the beginning.

JoeS

- I had the same problem, and I think I found the cause and the solution.

1.) Symptoms:
a. When trying to sync your folder you get a message box that tells you that the sync process was aborted due to an error.
b. The message in the box is usually accompanied by any of these two codes: 17-0000-0000 or 15-0000-0000. (I am typing this by memory, so it may be a little different. Feel free to correct me on this.)
c. In some cases, you may obtain a message telling you that the sync process proceeded, but with few errors. This message doesn't come in a message box; instead, it is displayed in the lower bar of the Digital Paper App. When you click on it (or on the message next to the sync icon at the top of the app,) it shows you a box containing two lists: the synced files, and the failed-to-sync files.
Note: in my case, I was only obtaining a, and b. When correcting the problem I obtained only c. Which required an additional step to solve. see below.

2.) Diagnosis
- This is caused by the new Windows 10 iteration messing up with the OneDrive settings. You had you preferred settings the way you wanted and Windows 10 FCU just changed to what its programmers thought it was the best for you. That, of course, wasn't the best for you.

3.) Solution (This becomes a very risky process at some point. Be cautious. Do it at your own risk.)
i. Don't call Sony support. They don't know how to solve this issue even though they think they do. Because, of course they don't know (it is a Windows issue and a Sony Digital Paper App issue too.)
ii. Back up your files in the DPT- RP1 to a secure place in your PC or Laptop disk. Don't save it on OneDrive. In this way, you can keep any non-synced file as is in your DPT-RP1 so you can keep those changes and restore them later when the sync process works again. You can do this by clicking on the "Transfer Documents" icon. Transfer the files on the DPT-RP1 to your PC.
iii. Make sure you have all your files backed up on your PC. Check again, just in case!
iv. Uninstall the Digital Paper App.
v. Restart your computer.
v. Right-click on the OneDrive icon (on the Windows 10 task bar) and click on settings.
vi. In the first tab, on Files On-Demand, de-select "save space and download files as you use them." Here is your problem!
vii. Make sure that this setting is not checked (unchecked). This will solve the issue. Again, just in case.
viii. Click OK to save the settings.
ix. In your DPT-RP1 go to Settings.
WARNING! Do this very carfully and paying attention.
WARNING! This will delete ALL YOUR FILES and settings in the DPT-RP1
and restore the device to factory defaults.
x. In System Settings tap Initialize Digital Paper. Follow the procedure.
xii. While the DPT-RP1 is re-initializing, re-install the Digital Paper App on your PC.
xiii. Follow the set-up steps required for the DPT-RP1.
xiv. Re-connect your DPT-RP1 to your Digital Paper App (Follow all the procedures required by the DPT-RP1's manual. You need a USB cable for this part.)
xv. Set your sync folder in the Digital Paper App. Link it to the OneDrive folder you had set up before.
xvi. SYNC! It should work with OneDrive now.

Notes:
- In some cases you may need to repeat these procedures if it doesn't work at first.
- I found that in one instance I could sync, but I was obtaining error c. (See above). In this case I had to perform the whole procedure as described here again, making sure that PC and DPT-RP1 were complete strangers to each other as when the DPT-RP1 was taken out of its retail box.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by bfReader; 11-17-2017 at 04:22 PM.
bfReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
Sonyreade
Sonyreade began at the beginning.

bfReader

Thanks a lot for sharing your solution. For me, it was enough to fix the OneDrive (steps v-viii.), no DPT reset was needed.
Sonyreade is offline   Reply With Quote