Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
CLBookworm
CLBookworm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Image Issues EPUB Text Issues MOBI

I created a .docx book then converted it to epub and mobi using Calibre.

I was going over them to check for issues and saw that in iBooks with the epub, some of my pictures are black squares with the word "image" inside.

Then, in Kindle with the mobi version some of the words are moved onto the next line down and are overlapping with the text there.

Anyone know how I can fix those?
CLBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How to ask a question about conversion problems

Attach a sample of input and output - but don't attach copyright protected books.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
CLBookworm
CLBookworm began at the beginning.

1. How do I attach here?

2. Input/output. You mean a picture of the section from the docx document before conversion and that same spot again after conversion?

Thank you! Pardon my ignorance. I'm new to all this.
CLBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLBookworm View Post
1. How do I attach here?

2. Input/output. You mean a picture of the section from the docx document before conversion and that same spot again after conversion?

Use the Advanced view on the posting editor (I ignore Quick reply all together)
Attachments (do pay attention to the file size limits for the attached format) use the Paperclip icon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:49 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
input/output means the input file and the output file generated by the conversion
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2018, 12:23 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Did you read the link from BetterRed's above post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-08-2018 at 12:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:35 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
<snip>

<snip>
It would be better if you could attach a sample DOCX (conversion input) file, and the resultant output EPUB file that demonstrates the problem.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote