Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-28-2018, 12:35 AM   #1
luna02
luna02 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 8, iPad Mini
Help animated images in epub

Hi everybody,

I'll try an explain what kind of help do I need. I use calibre to convert docx files into epubs, so I do it very simple, sometimes my documents had an image (static one), and I never have any problem with that, recently I convert a document that I didn't realize had an image that it was a gif file, the way that I notice it was because in the epub version it was animated, this obviously make me realize that I can put animated images in my documents and have them in the epub format.

My problem is that I didn't did anything different with the one that has the animated image, but when I try to do it on purpose, I couldn't do it, I insert the gif image in the document, change the size, etc, but it simple doesn't even put the image without any animation, it just like it doesn't even exist one.

Can anybody help me understand this, I will really appreciate it, is driving me crazy not to know why.

Thanks in advance
luna02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you saying you are putting the gif into the epub or the docx?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2018, 02:33 AM   #3
luna02
luna02 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 8, iPad Mini
Ok I put it in the docx, and it looks static, obviously, but when is converter to epub by calibre the image is animated in the epub file.
You know that sometimes you just paste images that you copy from the web, and this image was a gif, and I notice that it was because it appear animated in the epub file, the thing is that I will like to know how to do actually do it, because it was just by chance that I did it.
Thanks for answering.
luna02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated images, epub