Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #46
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@Thasaidon....The plugin is now on version 0.1.9 release. So for now, you could try saving your old(v0.1.2) working plugin version and then perhaps download, install and try the newest version of the plugin(v0.1.9) and see if that improves things for you. Please let me know if your layout is improved or not. Meanwhile I'll see if I can redesign the dialog in order to improve the dialog layout for you using other methods.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-11-2018 at 09:25 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #47
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plugin Update: Converted User Options 2 dialog from a single column to two column display in order to prevent widget crossover and spacing problems occurring when Windows Accessibility options are used (v0.2.0).

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-11-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Advert
Old 07-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #48
slowsmile
Witchman

@Thasaidon...I've changed the dialog grid layout from a single column to two column display, so you should hopefully not get anymore widget crossover problems.

Regarding window resizing, when I checked and tested the dialog resizing it was fine on my Windows 7 system. Not too sure what's going on here but it might be caused by Windows Accessibility options or other settings on your Windows 7 system.

I've also checked to see how CalibUser resolved your problem withe his Tidy plugin, but that appears to be a completely different issue involving scrollable canvas settings. From your thumbnails above I've also noticed that your dialog fonts are significantly larger than normal and probably in bold. That may also be what is causing or at least contributing to the dialog spacing problems between your dialog widgets as well.

Please let me know if this release works for you or not.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-11-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #49
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
From your thumbnails above I've also noticed that your dialog fonts are significantly larger than normal and probably in bold. That may also be what is causing or at least contributing to the dialog spacing problems between your dialog widgets as well.

Please let me know if this release works for you or not.
Hi @slowsmile;

I am afraid it has not worked please see attached picture.

I think you are right about the Access options I am using causing the problem. I just remembered I use a Qt stylesheet to modify the Sigil GUI. The changes make it comfortable for me to use Sigil for hours at a time (see thread "Is there a way to make the entries in the search fields appear larger?")

But please do not go to any great trouble over this as it appears I am the only one affected and v0.12 does most of what I need.

Thanks for all your work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	164995  
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #50
slowsmile
Witchman

@Thasaidon...I think I've just discovered the main reason for your spacing problems. Basically, I think your Windows Start Button > Control Panel > Display magnification is set to Medium - 125%. I set Windows magnification to Medium - 125% on my computer and rebooted. And when I ran my plugin in Sigil I had exactly the same spacing problems as you. And because it's a Windows display setting that is set outside Sigil, there is really not much I can do to resolve this problem. Best case would be that I might be able to find a way to test for and reset Windows magnification back to 100%(default) by somehow using a class from the the Windows libraries within Tkinter. But this solution -- reverting to smaller default fonts -- also might not be what you want.

If you want to confirm or verify the above for yourself, just click on Start Button > Control Panel > Display and set the magnification(font size) to 100% - smaller(default) and then just reboot your computer. And when you run the plugin in Sigil now, the dialog displays should look OK(with smaller fonts).

To cure your Windows resizing problems in Sigil just follow the instruction below below to allow window resizing on windows 7:

* Click on Windows Start Button > Ease of Access Center > Make the mouse easier to use > Make it easier to manage windows

* Untick the Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when being moved from the edge of the screen option at the bottom of the dialog and save. You might also have to reboot your system afterwards. Doing this should hopefully resolve your resizing problems in the dialog window so that you can stretch the window to finally see the OK button.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-12-2018 at 05:26 AM.
Advert
Old 07-11-2018, 11:44 PM   #51
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FYI - Depending on the monitor (such as my my Dell S2417DG), Windows (7 and 10) will default (Recommend) 125%, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	164998

Not sure if that would affect this situation. What I can say it that on my monitor winding it back to 100% on makes text very small.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:03 AM   #52
slowsmile
Witchman

@BetterRed..Thanks for that useful info. But Thasaidon should still be able to stretch the screens to adequate width/height so that he will be able to see all the necessary widgets if he follows my instructions above.

I also doubt very much that I can reset the Windows Ease of Use Center display magnification programmatically within tkinter. I really don't want to even go there. And even if I was able to do it, I doubt if Thasaidon would want the smaller default font sizes in the plugin window anyway. So fixing and allowing window resizing seems to be his only option really.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-12-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:53 AM   #53
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@slowsmile and @BetterRed

@slowsmile is right in saying "I doubt if Thasaidon would want the smaller default font sizes in the plugin window ". I do not know what code the writer of 'Tag Mechanic" used but the text his plugin displays is miniscule. I have to use a Loupe to read it. Fortunately I use Tag Mechanic so rarely it is not an issue.

I have Sigil and most of Windows set up so the text on screen is large enough to read comfortably but still have to use the loupe occasionally.

Thank you both for your digging and the info. I will follow this up and tell you how I get on.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:36 AM   #54
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@BetterRed..Thanks for that useful info. But Thasaidon should still be able to stretch the screens to adequate width/height so that he will be able to see all the necessary widgets if he follows my instructions above.

I also doubt very much that I can reset the Windows Ease of Use Center display magnification programmatically within tkinter. I really don't want to even go there. And even if I was able to do it, I doubt if Thasaidon would want the smaller default font sizes in the plugin window anyway. So fixing and allowing window resizing seems to be his only option really.
@slowsmile - just wanted to give you, and anyone else who might be reading the thread, a heads-up on the fact Windows will actually set the default size to 125%. I assume the 125% default only applies to smaller higher resolution monitors like mine - 24" 2560 x 1440.

Maybe we should crowd-source a bigger/better monitor for Thasaidon so he wouldn't have to bother PI developers when widgets fall off his screen

BR
Old 07-12-2018, 05:50 AM   #55
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
@Thasaidon...I think I've just discovered the main reason for your spacing problems. Basically, I think your Windows Start Button > Control Panel > Display magnification is set to Medium - 125%. I set Windows magnification to Medium - 125% on my computer and rebooted. And when I ran my plugin in Sigil I had exactly the same spacing problems as you.
Nearly I had set Windows magnification set to 150%. If I reduce it to 125% the spacing in your plugin is fine. The problem is it reduces the font and icon size of everything on my PC. This would cause me eye discomfort after a while. I shudder to think how it would affect my eyes if I reduced the magnification to 100%.

In any case v0.12 of the plug in does most of what need so I will stick with that version.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #56
slowsmile
Witchman

@Thasaidon & @BetterRed...I can appreciate what you both say. My old eyes are still good and I'm fine with any application that has a white backround during the daytime. But at night I find that the white background really tends to glare and hurts my eyes and dimming it doesn't help much -- makes it difficult to read. That's when I switch my theme to 'Deep Black' background whenever I'm coding in Notepad++ or other apps that support themes.

I've also often wondered why Sigil doesn't support themes like Notepad++. And I'm not moaning about this or complaining or requesting, but such a feature would really be a wonderful addition to Sigil's bow for us old folks who hate that white glare during the daytime. And the youngsters would love it too -- So cool, dude!! etc...

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-12-2018 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:38 AM   #57
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Quote:
I've also often wondered why Sigil doesn't support themes like Notepad++.
Sigil support QSS styles (from 0.9.6 version).

From changelog:
Quote:
- Added Qt Stylesheet support - Recognize and load "qt_styles.qss" file if stored in Sigil Preferences folder
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:03 AM   #58
slowsmile
Witchman

@BeckyEBook...Thanks, I'll have a look. Though I would prefer a complete theme where you can have things like black background with highlighted xml, separate highlighting for html code and text etc. Anyway, I'll have a peek and try and find the spec for that stylesheet.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #59
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@slowsmile - I use a gadget called f.lux to auto adjust the display at sunset/sunrise, it helps with the bright white at night ==>> https://justgetflux.com/

I know it runs on Windows and MacOS, not sure about Linux.

BR
Old 07-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #60
slowsmile
Witchman

Thanks BR. I'm taking @BeckyEBook's advice. I found a nice dark Sigil theme called QDarkStyleSheet/qdarkstyle/style.qss on GitHub and I've renamed it to "qt_styles.qss" and have been trying to add it into the main Sigil Preferences folder(not plugin_prefs). I've searched my C: drive for 'preferences' and 'prefs' and can't find the main Sigil Preferences folder anywhere on my Windows PC.

Does anyone know the full path to the Sigil Preferences folder on a Windows 7 PC ?

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-12-2018 at 06:32 PM.