Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Battery life on HD10

The battery on my Kindle Fire HD10 decreases 2% every hour when turn off with the cover. Is this normal battery decline, in 24 hours it is dead! I have and older HD6 that can sit for over 14 day and not hit 0%.

Any ideals why...would total putting it back to original and then reloading all my apps help?

I have plenty of memory left in both in the tablet and on a 32G memory card. Battery declines faster with I use it to read I have screen brightness at about 25%.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
The battery on my Kindle Fire HD10 decreases 2% every hour when turn off with the cover. Is this normal battery decline, in 24 hours it is dead! I have and older HD6 that can sit for over 14 day and not hit 0%.

Any ideals why...would total putting it back to original and then reloading all my apps help?

I have plenty of memory left in both in the tablet and on a 32G memory card. Battery declines faster with I use it to read I have screen brightness at about 25%.
I used to find my HD8 lost battery life when not in use, my answer was to put the Fire into Airplane mode when I wasn't using it.

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-06-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2017, 04:39 AM   #3
BZee2
BZee2 doesn't litterBZee2 doesn't litter

Device: Paperwhite 1 and 4 & Fire 7 HDX
I thought my HDX was on its last legs as it was losing charge in a day or so - even bought a Samsung tab to replace it. After a reboot the HDX went back to normal battery usage!
BZee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Check the apps running in the background. They can drain a battery Quickly....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote