Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
jfca283
jfca283 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Calibre doesn't work with my touch

Hi
With the recent firmware upgrade my kobo is not recognise by calibre. That's a big problem because i don't use Windows and until a few days the performance under ubuntu/calibre was fine. Will you at least launch a linux apps?
jfca283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Are you getting an "unsupported firmware" message from calibre? If so, read the complete message. It has instructions on what to do to get calibre to be able to communicate with the device. And it is safe.

If calibre isn't getting this far, is the OS seeing the device?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Jfca283; If you mean the message from Calibre about unsupported database versions, just IGNORE IT. Go to the Kobo Device interface plugin configuration and select the option to allow database updates.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
jfca283
jfca283 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
I did what you mentioned. Linux mount the ereader as a usb stick. But can't manage the books inside kobo using calibre. When i unplugged the ereader, the screen freezes displaying "connect your kobo to kobo desktop". It's so uncomfortable.
jfca283 is offline   Reply With Quote