Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
images don't show on Bebook One

I working on an epub with many png images, and am having trouble. The problem occurs when two images are close together with only a few lines of text in between the two images. What happens is that the first image is ok, but the for the second image, there is a space left in the text but the image doesn't appear. This occurs with two centered images each starting with <div class="center" ...or with two floating image each with <span class="floatleft" (or right)...

The specific problem is that is occurs only with my Bebook One but there is no problem using Sigil or Adobe DE on my computer.

I have no way to check using a different ereader, and am worried that if I distribute the epub, every body will have the same problem with their ereader as I do with my Bebook.

Does anyone know how to solve the Bebook One problem?

Last edited by bobcdy; 11-24-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: changed text for clarity
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
How many line does it take before it comes good....
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
I haven't really experimented, but as far as the current epub, about less than 3/4 lines creates the problem , and the two image are separated by a short paragraph, and the images can be set off with either <p class="center" or <div class="center".

When floating images are involved, they are in separate but adjacent paragraphs with a few lines between each image, and both can either be floatleft or I can set one floatleft and one floatright. I have a 'clear' statement in the float css tags.

If I significantly change the location of the images, then I'm significantly diverging from the text and that can create problems for the reader.

Bob

Last edited by bobcdy; 11-24-2010 at 11:43 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote