Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-31-2017, 02:24 PM   #961
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
What custom column do I need to make to get the reading progress to show? Nothing I create (floating point, integers, text) seems to bring up the current reading progress that I know is listed in GR.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:18 PM   #962
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
What custom column do I need to make to get the reading progress to show? Nothing I create (floating point, integers, text) seems to bring up the current reading progress that I know is listed in GR.
I have to check later, but from memory, the reading progress isn't retrieved from GR. You can push it GR, and that uses an integer.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:32 AM   #963
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have to check later, but from memory, the reading progress isn't retrieved from GR. You can push it GR, and that uses an integer.
What do you mean "push it GR"?

If it wasn't retrieved by the plugin, why the options to include it in the sync-able shelves and the option to have the reading progress to be show as a percentage?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #964
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

If it wasn't retrieved by the plugin, why the options to include it in the sync-able shelves and the option to have the reading progress to be show as a percentage?
Because you don't get it from GR, but you send it there.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #965
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I missed the word "to". So, "push it to Goodreads".
Quote:
I suppose the option shouldn't be in that section. But, it is a one-way synchronizable value - calibre to Goodreads only.

And the percentage option is because this function was added by me to send the reading status to Goodreads after getting it from a Kobo device. On the Kobo device, the reading status includes a percentage read. My Kobo Utilities plugin can retrieve that to a custom column. Having a method to send that to GR only made sense. For other devices or reading apps, you have to set this manually in calibre. And if you want, you can use a page number instead of the percentage.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #966
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And the percentage option is because this function was added by me to send the reading status to Goodreads after getting it from a Kobo device. On the Kobo device, the reading status includes a percentage read. My Kobo Utilities plugin can retrieve that to a custom column. Having a method to send that to GR only made sense. For other devices or reading apps, you have to set this manually in calibre. And if you want, you can use a page number instead of the percentage.
And percentage is right in goodreads too, you have both options: percentage and pages.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #967
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
Question

This may be a template question, or a make my own bloody plugin in python question, so I'd appreciate it if anyone has guidance (I haven't seen anything in this thread, but I may be using the wrong search terms):

I would like to autopopulate my goodreads 'to read' shelf when I add books to my device (or even when I add them to my library, but I think that add to device is less likely to irritate the GR api) Is there any way to integrate Goodreads Shelf Add and Send To Device so that it automatically calls the link to goodreads function, links if there's only one choice (or pulls the whole dialog), and adds the books to the 'to read' shelf?

Preferred, could I make this function look at the percentage read column and if non-nul, add it to 'to reading'

Optimal, the function looks at #genre (or another custom column) and also adds books to shelves based on that column, adding shelves if necessary?

Thank you for indulging my curiosity!

Last edited by glasnost; 09-05-2017 at 06:55 AM.
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #968
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasnost View Post
This may be a template question, or a make my own bloody plugin in python question, so I'd appreciate it if anyone has guidance (I haven't seen anything in this thread, but I may be using the wrong search terms):

I would like to autopopulate my goodreads 'to read' shelf when I add books to my device (or even when I add them to my library, but I think that add to device is less likely to irritate the GR api) Is there any way to integrate Goodreads Shelf Add and Send To Device so that it automatically calls the link to goodreads function, links if there's only one choice (or pulls the whole dialog), and adds the books to the 'to read' shelf?
I can't think of a way to trigger something like this when doing a send-to-device. You would need to modify or create a plugin to do this.
Quote:
Preferred, could I make this function look at the percentage read column and if non-nul, add it to 'to reading'
And if you create/change the plugin, this should be easy.
Quote:

Optimal, the function looks at #genre (or another custom column) and also adds books to shelves based on that column, adding shelves if necessary?
The plugin can already create shelves from a column. Just set the "tags" column in the actions that use the tags will use that column. It isn't automatic, but acts on the selected books.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #969
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Any way to delete Identifer: goodreads?

I tried the Goodreads Sync plugin but decided I didn't want to use it after all, so I removed the plugin. Now I have an identifier named "goodreads" in my library, but no books are using it. Is there any way to delete this identifier tag so that it doesn't show up in my list of identifiers? I tried deleting the .json file from the calibre config directory, but "goodreads" still shows up as an identifier.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #970
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I tried the Goodreads Sync plugin but decided I didn't want to use it after all, so I removed the plugin. Now I have an identifier named "goodreads" in my library, but no books are using it. Is there any way to delete this identifier tag so that it doesn't show up in my list of identifiers? I tried deleting the .json file from the calibre config directory, but "goodreads" still shows up as an identifier.
Where are you seeing the identifier? From memory, if there are no books in the library with an identifier, you shouldn't be able to see it anywhere. If it is shown under identifiers in the Tag Browser, then you have books with that identifier in the library.

Also, the Goodreads Sync plugin is only the secondary user of the "goodreads" identifier. The main use would be the Goodreads metadata source plugin. And the JSON file has nothing to do with the identifiers, only options for the plugin.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #971
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see "goodreads" on the left side, under "Identifiers," where Authors, Languages, Series, Formats, Publisher, etc. are listed. When I click on "goodreads" to show which books are using that identifier, I get an empty list. I've done a full-text search of the books in the library (it's my working library, so it currently holds just six books), and no books have the word "goodreads" anywhere in them.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #972
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I see "goodreads" on the left side, under "Identifiers," where Authors, Languages, Series, Formats, Publisher, etc. are listed. When I click on "goodreads" to show which books are using that identifier, I get an empty list. I've done a full-text search of the books in the library (it's my working library, so it currently holds just six books), and no books have the word "goodreads" anywhere in them.
Something about the way you state that makes me wonder of this is actually an identifier. In the tag browser you have "Identifiers" with the number of books that have an identifier. Then you expand the identifiers and it shows "goodreads" under that. Or is "goodreads" separate category at the same level as "Identifiers", "Authors" and the others?

In either case, the tag browser should show how many books are in that category or have that identifier. Is this zero?

But, no matter what, this plugin has no direct impact on the tag browser entries. It can set books to have the goodreads identifier, and that should show up as an identifier with a count in the tag browser, but, other than the button or menu, the plugin makes no changes to the interface.

The only other thing I can think of is that there is a problem with the library. Running the library maintenance functions might show something.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:40 PM   #973
icallaci
Guru

When I expand the "Identifiers" category, "goodreads" shows underneath, with a count of 1. The mouse-over text says, "number of books: 1." I ran library maintenance (Check Library), which comes back with "Found no errors in your calibre library database. Do you want calibre to check if the files in your library match the information in the database?" When I click on "Yes," it returns with "The files in your library match the information in the database." It's not a big deal, but I'd rather not have an unused identifier showing up.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #974
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
When I expand the "Identifiers" category, "goodreads" shows underneath, with a count of 1. The mouse-over text says, "number of books: 1." I ran library maintenance (Check Library), which comes back with "Found no errors in your calibre library database. Do you want calibre to check if the files in your library match the information in the database?" When I click on "Yes," it returns with "The files in your library match the information in the database." It's not a big deal, but I'd rather not have an unused identifier showing up.
If the identifier shows that you have a book, then calibre thinks the identifier is being used. If clicking it doesn't show the book, then it suggests you have something else filtering the book list, but, I can't think of what it could be. Or there could be a problem with the database. For this, run the "Restore database" to reread the book details from the OPF files in the library. As you only have six books in the library, that shouldn't be to bad. Or finish processing the books and move them and then do the restore. That should clean it up.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:42 PM   #975
icallaci
Guru

OK, fixed, thanks. I deleted all six books from the library and it still showed one book with a "goodreads" identifier in the empty library. Ran "restore database" and the "goodreads" identifier disappeared. Added the six books back, and "goodreads" did not reappear, so all is good. Thanks for the help.

Tags
calibre, goodreads