Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-25-2021, 04:54 PM   #31
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My goal is simply to read more of what I already own. My page goals are 2,000 a month, fewer than 2021 because I'm finding it hard to read/listen as much due to Mom still recovering from her broken foot.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I have only 85 in my Calibre TBR,
My calibre TBR consists of all the books I bought or got in a free offer that I intend or intended to read, but haven't read yet. 759 at the last count, so the random book function is really useful.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:49 PM   #33
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My calibre TBR consists of all the books I bought or got in a free offer that I intend or intended to read, but haven't read yet. 759 at the last count, so the random book function is really useful.
My total Calibre unread is around 1100, but there are several series in that list, so in my TBR, I've included only the first 1-2 books (or the next 2-3 in sequence if already started) of a few series that I especially want to start/continue. Less chance then of having Calibre instruct me to start with book 9 of a series.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:44 AM   #34
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My total Calibre unread is around 1100, but there are several series in that list, so in my TBR, I've included only the first 1-2 books (or the next 2-3 in sequence if already started) of a few series that I especially want to start/continue. Less chance then of having Calibre instruct me to start with book 9 of a series.
If that happens, I just take the next unread in the series instead.
Old 12-27-2021, 10:37 AM   #35
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I think I might also set a goal of no more than 10 purchases. Everything else can come from the library. This is, of course, a personal goal as many books will still come into the house via my wife.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:17 AM   #36
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I like that random read function as well. If it hits on a book that is part of a series, I just read the next in the series rather than the specific book it hit. This year I plan to combine my separate libraries. That virtual library thing came in after I had already started my libraries and it took me a long time to understand how it worked. Currently have 1,513 ebooks (only free ones listed are ones I bought with Amazon credits).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:03 PM   #37
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I am going to try to keep my reading rate at 100 books for the year, but I should also try and knock my acquisitions back a little: my digital TBR is 1,085 which is a decade's worth at my current annual rate (assuming no DNFs)...
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 03:18 PM   #38
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’ve decided to cut back my benchmark total to 100 books from 120. I’m planning on going back to longer books this year and I don’t want to feel compelled to pick some shorter works to keep the pace. I don’t think 120 will be a problem as I’ve exceeded that every year starting with 2014, the year I started listening to audiobooks, but the number is more a means of keeping track than an absolute goal in itself, so why not reduce any possible pressure?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:01 PM   #39
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’ve decided to cut back my benchmark total to 100 books from 120. I’m planning on going back to longer books this year and I don’t want to feel compelled to pick some shorter works to keep the pace. I don’t think 120 will be a problem as I’ve exceeded that every year starting with 2014, the year I started listening to audiobooks, but the number is more a means of keeping track than an absolute goal in itself, so why not reduce any possible pressure?
My new work responsibilities made it a necessity for me to cut down by 25 books, but it also felt nice just to lower that expectation.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:42 PM   #40
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Bringing this over from the list thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Happy New Year!

I did really well with my goal of something like 42 last year, so I think I'll go with 42 books for 2022!
So, the Ultimate QUESTION turns out to be "how many books should I read?"
😁 Life, the universe, and yearly reading goals.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:43 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've decided to go for 40 books in 2022. I'm hoping to maybe get some longer books in there. But we'll see.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:24 PM   #42
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I met my goal of 100 books last year plus some, and will carry that goal over to this year, but it will be hard: too many IRL obligations. Additionally, I intend on trying to reduce my TBR somewhat.

I did pretty good with reading new vs reread last year, but I have a decades worth of TBR looming above me, and I add more every week, it appears, so that needs to slow down.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:00 PM   #43
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Another yearly goal: To read more books than I add to my Calibre library (excluding the physical books that I'm still cataloguing).
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:09 AM   #44
grogu
Nope
grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grogu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, kindle 3? with kb
My goal is to repeat my last year's lowly goal of reading 10 books.

And this year to keep a book journal so I remember them.
grogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:24 AM   #45
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogu View Post
My goal is to repeat my last year's lowly goal of reading 10 books.

And this year to keep a book journal so I remember them.
Why not keep it on MobileRead? Make a post in the List Thread and edit that to update your progress!