Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 02:26 AM   #1
f.criscione
f.criscione began at the beginning.

Device: Surface Pro Tablet
Adjacent pages in picture books

Hi there,
Thank you for let me join the forum and allow me to post for the first time!
I have been using the E book viewer for quite some time and I find it a truly excellent piece of software!
Recently I have started reading picture books (mostly CBR and CBZ formats) to my daughter.
Most of these books are meant to be read on a two-page layout, which is easy to setup through Preferences - Page layout (see screenshot ).
However, pages that are supposed to be read as joint are shown with a background gap in between the two pages (see example ).
Is there any way to eliminate that gap and show the right side of page 1 as joint to the left side of page 2, so they form a continuous image?
Many thanks in advance for your help!
f.criscione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:37 AM   #2
f.criscione

Images

Ooops, I am attching images mentioned in my post above
Apologies...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.PNG
Views:	112
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	189554   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.PNG
Views:	127
Size:	983.3 KB
ID:	189555  
Old 10-08-2021, 02:45 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Reduce the page left and right margins.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:05 AM   #4
f.criscione

Thanks! Unfortunately I had already tried with no success - just forgot to mention in my post.
Neither values of 0 or 1 work...
Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2021, 04:20 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you saying the margin settings dont have any effect at all?? I doubt you can completely eliminate the gap but setting them to 0 or 1 should make it much smaller.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:55 AM   #6
f.criscione

Yes, that is what I am saying: no effect at all...
Not even after restarting the app
Strange
Old 10-09-2021, 01:20 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah, then the remaining margin will be from preserving aspect ratio. basically if the images are much taller than wider, they are centered in each page with gaps on the left and right. I'm afraid there isn't a way to change that, centering is what is appropriate for most comics.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:26 AM   #8
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah, then the remaining margin will be from preserving aspect ratio. basically if the images are much taller than wider, they are centered in each page with gaps on the left and right.
If that is the case, then would adjusting the ebook viewer window by dragging left and right sides in towards the centre fix the AR issue and remove that centre gap?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 03:29 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah sizing the window will adjust the gap and if you get the size just right there should be no gap remaining.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:19 AM   #10
f.criscione

Smile

Thanks guys,
It is a very good workaround! And the gap disappears if you switch to full screen mode after doing that.
Thank you so much - problem solved