Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #16
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher22 View Post
I think everyone should send a message to Kobo on www.kobo.com, using the feedback button on the right of the screen. Mainly about adding the sd card slot back into kobo's and about releasing a kobo mini 2.
Stop moaning and get yourself an android based eink reader like the Boyue Likebook Mars or some such. There are enough readers that take 128 GB cards or you could just carry a couple of cards with you if you buy a device like the Inkpad 3. No one needs to carry around so many books in a world with free wifi in every coffee shop and cloud storage for next to nothing.

I've never used any sd-card slot in my older readers and I won't need it now that readers have even bigger storage.

So if you want us to enroll on a Cervantes worthy quest that isn't ours to begin with to do you a favour it would be wise to ask nicely and not order people around.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #17
christopher22
Zealot
christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.christopher22 is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Aura & Touch
Surprising here, no one really cares for sd cards. For your interest Mr. Koboy, I wasn't moaning nor demanding, just suggesting that if anyone here wants changes you have to speak up. If people here remain silent then your at the whim of whatever kobo does and to hell with what anyone thinks if they don't say anything.
Another thing kobo's are getting expensive. You've got the Clara at $135, then jump up to kobo libre at $199 !! then wowow up to the libre h20 at $299!! CRAZY! .. and they don't even have an sd card slot - for that price it at least better have 32Gb's of internal memory.
christopher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #18
koboy
Guru
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Surprising here, no one really cares for sd cards. For your interest Mr. Koboy, I wasn't moaning nor demanding, just suggesting that if anyone here wants changes you have to speak up. If people here remain silent then your at the whim of whatever kobo does and to hell with what anyone thinks if they don't say anything.
Another thing kobo's are getting expensive. You've got the Clara at $135, then jump up to kobo libre at $199 !! then wowow up to the libre h20 at $299!! CRAZY! .. and they don't even have an sd card slot - for that price it at least better have 32Gb's of internal memory.
i never said you were moaning or demanding in fact i'm the only one that agreed with you. i'd definitely like to see the external SD card slot make a return. looking at my comments again on this thread will confirm that.

best wishes Mr Koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #19
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Yes, we're generally all aware that if we want changes we have to speak up.

Of course Kobo has a marketing department, which likely does marketing research on what features customers want. They have a "Kobo Insiders" group which gets emailed surveys on this kind of thing as well. I'm in that group, though I don't know how you get in, they just emailed me and I accepted.

There seems to be a somewhat new trend with consumers thinking businesses owe them something in a transaction. As if buying a product means you should have direct say in what features are added in the future.

A business will make decisions based chiefly on profit, if enough people want a feature that adding the feature results in a profit the feature gets added. Especially when it's a hardware thing which has a set cost since there's less upkeep cost in software developers.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #20
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
I think everyone should send a message to Kobo on www.kobo.com, using the feedback button on the right of the screen. Mainly about adding the sd card slot back into kobo's and about releasing a kobo mini 2.
There is NO Demand for the Slot. I been trying for over a YEAR to sell my Aura 6" With Slot.... No one wants it its Only 1. Cant even think KOBO would make 1000s they cant sell
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
feedback, kobo mini 2, micro sd card slot