Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Hose
Hose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
How to install KUAL on PW 1?

Hello mobileread community, i install KUAL before but my mate enabled wireless and Kindle make upgrade to version 5.6.1.1 and remove third-party launchers. How to install KUAL now?

http://storage9.static.itmages.com/i...74793005a.jpeg
Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Wrong forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:16 AM   #3
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
@Hose: Put in the Hotfix in the root(/mnt/us) and Update Your Kindle. If it works, it will put you back on track. Then you can use KUAL with the KUAL azw2 file.
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalajimaestro View Post
@Hose: Put in the Hotfix in the root(/mnt/us) and Update Your Kindle. If it works, it will put you back on track. Then you can use KUAL with the KUAL azw2 file.
I have only these folders.

When i copy Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin in Kindle folder and try update my device it takes error message.

When i try make downgrade to version 5.3.9

Kindle gives me error message too.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #6
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You have to install only 5.6.1.1. as TLS or SSL whatever certs they are, are needed by the Kindle. BTW, why do you want to such a low version like 5.3.9. Kindle Downgrades are not that easy as you might think and take it to be. Seems like you have to JB up again. : Anyways, did you press the never touch button (aka reset button). JB it again, with the latest software jailbreak and then it will work. Then, you can use KUAL as desired.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalajimaestro View Post
You have to install only 5.6.1.1. as TLS or SSL whatever certs they are, are needed by the Kindle. BTW, why do you want to such a low version like 5.3.9. Kindle Downgrades are not that easy as you might think and take it to be. Seems like you have to JB up again. : Anyways, did you press the never touch button (aka reset button). JB it again, with the latest software jailbreak and then it will work. Then, you can use KUAL as desired.
You need to read the spoilers.
You cannot jailbreak 5.6.1.1. Post stalk the helper for more information.
That one gave everyone fits.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #8
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You need to read the spoilers.
You cannot jailbreak 5.6.1.1. Post stalk the helper for more information.
That one gave everyone fits.
Sorry @Cinisajoy, anyways a downgrade is possible....
Old 06-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #9
Hose

I read a lot of topics and try different methods, thats all not easy for me because English is not my native language. But still don't have result, can somebody to tell me what need to do step by step to jailbreak my Kindle device and install KUAL, thank you.