Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Asynchronous book addition method?

Let's say I find an epub on my Ubuntu laptop I'd like to end up on my jailbroken kindle PW4 for use in koreader. But because my Kindle isn't accessible now, I can't just transfer the file in some way immediately.

If I were reading on my kindle official app on my paperwhite I could just email the mobi and then have it auto delivered to my kindle.

The closest thing I've found is saving it to a dropbox folder on my computer and then manually downloading it later. Is there a better / more elegant solution?
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:32 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'd use SSH with an FTP client, assuming that works on Kindle.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I usually just use the calibre content server and KOReader's OPDS support, might also work on Kindle.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
scp would definitely be my choice, too . Or Calibre's content server if I have to tweak it. I might just scp it again instead, though ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I usually just use the calibre content server and KOReader's OPDS support, might also work on Kindle.
I just use either this method (LAN) or Dropbox (internet).

Granted, I rarely use Calibre GUI for book browsing. Mostly, I just use it to prep ebooks for export to content server or Dropbox.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-26-2019 at 11:08 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
arooni
Addict

Unless I'm wrong, the kindle can't be reached with scp, or OPDS/calibre content server unless it's physically on, and connected to wifi right?

For those of you who scp, do you have the usbnetwork thing set to ON on startup? You can't scp unless the kindle is turned on right?
Old 02-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Yeah, needs to be connected to network.

I have Calibre running on an always-on desktop so I can access the Calibre content server from Kindle/KOReader anytime I'm at home.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I basically only switch my devices to USBMS when I need it, otherwise, usbnet. It does need to be on (-ish, if it's plugged in over USB, most devices may be left asleep as they won't actually be entirely asleep while plugged in ).
Old 02-27-2019, 03:38 PM   #9
arooni
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yeah, I basically only switch my devices to USBMS when I need it, otherwise, usbnet. It does need to be on (-ish, if it's plugged in over USB, most devices may be left asleep as they won't actually be entirely asleep while plugged in ).

So you keep 'ssh on boot' enabled as well as 'enable ssh over wifi'

always enabled?
Old 02-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!

On a device I'm actively using, essentially, yes.