Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
sirdouglas
sirdouglas began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
new Mobipocket thread

I accidentally posted this in the other thread, eek! anywho...

Sorry for another mobipocket reader thread. While I posted this in my last thread about converting to mobi in mass, it was a little irrelevant to the original subject, and I think few are still reading that thread by now. Hopefully the following applies to other as well.

So here it is. Despite loving mobipocket reader, I'm having a few minor problems with it that I would like to resolve. First, when I add a folder of books, it adds the first book of the list labeled with the correct title and author, but all books that follow automatically insert the same author as the first book! So if drag a large folder of books with the first book in the folder being Harry Potter, all the books following this will have J.K. Rowling as the author. Any ideas? It's been frustrating re-labeling every book one by one.

Second, I'm loving having my books organized by author and title, and the Reading Lists add a nice extra organization aspect, but is there more to the organization feature with Mobipocket that I'm just missing? I feel like the reading lists should be expandable just like Windows Explorer with folders. Then I could make one reading list called "Fiction" and within that reading list have different genres (a "mystery" subfolder, "adventure," ect). Wouldn't that make sense. Is there a better way for organization?

Third, some of my books are in .DOC and although I have the similar free version of Microsoft Office (Open Office), it still won't let me add .DOC files because I "don't have Word installed." Any way around this?

Fourth, um, yeah I think that's it actually Sorry to throw all my problems at you, but I sure appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Doug
sirdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
For your .doc books, just save them in .html and then import them into Mobipocket Creator.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Sirdouglas,
I have not come across the author renaming problem in my computers.
If the metatags are properly filled in, the names and authors are almost always correctly added.
The mobipocket book reader does have filtering results via genre at least in the windoze version
However, this facility seems to be missing in the mobile versions of the same.
Doc file can be easily imported after you open your doc file in Open Office and save as html - as DDHarriman rightly pointed out.
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote