Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-05-2019, 08:52 AM   #211
kowatch
kowatch began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
Looks like some support for Android devices has landed on the latest stable release. They also included an APK to help them test it on additional devices. Anyone try it on a Likebook Mars yet?

Quote:
we now have basic support for E Ink refreshes on a limited number of Android E Ink devices (#4517). Namely:

Boyue T61 and some clones
Boyue T62 and some clones
Onyx C67
Energy Sistem (which are in fact Boyue T62 clones). This was tested on an Energy Pro 4.

If you own an unlisted Android E Ink device, you can help us by installing the einkTest utility included under assets below. Once you start it, you'll see a screen like the following. First it lists important device information, without which will not be able to include support for your device in future versions. Next there are three buttons you can click, to test whether your device can work with our current Android screen refresh implementation.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2019.02
kowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #212
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Just be clear, without special support it's the device drivers taking care of screen refreshes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2019, 04:42 AM   #213
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Should results of the test be reported somewhere? MyLikebook Plus with v2.0 2018-08 preview firmware is identified as Boyue T80s and both normal and forced refresh seem to work
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:06 AM   #214
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
Should results of the test be reported somewhere? MyLikebook Plus with v2.0 2018-08 preview firmware is identified as Boyue T80s and both normal and forced refresh seem to work
Yes, please: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/4551. You'll need to report all the strings, like OP, if you want your device supported.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #215
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I have an Energy Sistems EReader Pro Plus on which I have installed KoReader (2019.02)

The problem I have is that the lowest part of the screen is used by Android for the "Home", "Back" etc buttons. This obscures the lowest part of KoReader's display and it is impossible to see the bottom menu and dependant on font size, margins etc the bottom lines of text in a book are also obscured.

I had thought that the ES devices may not be supported but seeing this :

Quote:
we now have basic support for E Ink refreshes on a limited number of Android E Ink devices (#4517). Namely:

Boyue T61 and some clones
Boyue T62 and some clones
Onyx C67
Energy Sistem (which are in fact Boyue T62 clones). This was tested on an Energy Pro 4.
made me think again. I'd like to get KoReader working on the Pro Plus as the inbuilt readers are pretty poor in rendering EPUBS with anything other than simple CSS.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #216
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post

The problem I have is that the lowest part of the screen is used by Android for the "Home", "Back" etc buttons. This obscures the lowest part of KoReader's display and it is impossible to see the bottom menu and dependant on font size, margins etc the bottom lines of text in a book are also obscured.
Yep, I broke fullscreen layout on amazing ways a few days/weeks? ago.

A PR to fix the issue is on stage: https://github.com/koreader/android-...ncher/pull/113

It will be part of nightlies on a couple of days I guess.

About the e-ink screen a rule of thumb: if it works on einkTest it works on KOReader too. If it doesn't work on einkTest it doesn't work on KOReader. So please test and if your energy device works on einkTest but not on KOReader please report device information to properly support your device!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:40 PM   #217
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post

A PR to fix the issue is on stage: https://github.com/koreader/android-...ncher/pull/113

About the e-ink screen a rule of thumb: if it works on einkTest it works on KOReader too. If it doesn't work on einkTest it doesn't work on KOReader. So please test and if your energy device works on einkTest but not on KOReader please report device information to properly support your device!
Thanks for that - I'll probably wait for the next stable update and see if that fixes things.

The EReader Pro Plus does pass the eink-Test.

BobC
Old 02-15-2019, 02:54 AM   #218
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The EReader Pro Plus does pass the eink-Test.
Could you please give us the full information as reported by einkTest?
Old 02-15-2019, 05:50 AM   #219
BobC
Guru

Is this what you need :

Manufacturer : Energy_Sistem
Brand : Energy_Sistem
Model : eReaderProPlus
Product : Energy_eReaderProP
Hardware : rk30board

fake update = does nothing
rk30xx normal update = screen refresh
rk30xx forced update = screen refresh
------------------
If there is anything more then let me know how to get at it; I can't see any log files generated by the test.

FWIW info from Settings/About Reader :

Model Number : Energy_eReaderProP
Android Version : 4.2.2
Kernel Version : Energy_ereaderProP_2016011214
Build No : Energy_ereaderProP_V2.0.0_2016011214
Energy Version : 3.0.0B

HTH

BobC
Old 02-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #220
Frenzie
Wizard

There are no log files. It's only about what you posted. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #221
BobC
Guru

Quote:

Did this get sorted?

I have two devices on which I have now loaded 2019.03 and both still display the original problem of the bottom line not being visible as it is covered by the system menu options (Home, Back etc).

One device is the Energy Sistems EReader Pro Plus (E-Ink Screen)
the other an Android Tablet with a colour screen.

The Tablet does have an option "Full Scree" which whether ticked or not makes no difference to the display.

The E.S. EReader does not offer the "Full Screen" option.

BobC
Old 03-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #222
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Did this get sorted?

I have two devices on which I have now loaded 2019.03 and both still display the original problem of the bottom line not being visible as it is covered by the system menu options (Home, Back etc).

One device is the Energy Sistems EReader Pro Plus (E-Ink Screen)
the other an Android Tablet with a colour screen.

The Tablet does have an option "Full Scree" which whether ticked or not makes no difference to the display.

The E.S. EReader does not offer the "Full Screen" option.

BobC
Yes, it was fixed following google guides for api14+. On api14-15 (4.0.3-4.0.4) a fullscreen switch is available and should show/hide the statusbar (if any). Newer apis 16-18 start in fullscreen and don't have a fullscreen switch. Starting with api 19 we're using the immersive mode automatically.

So, please open an issue on github, reporting for each device a screenshot/picture reproducing the issue and the version of android it runs.

I cannot reproduce on any android emulator/device/thingy I tried: android emulators for api 15/16/17/18, energy pro 4 with api 16, lg optimus 3rd running 4.0.4.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #223
BobC
Guru

Quote:
Yes, it was fixed following google guides for api14+. On api14-15 (4.0.3-4.0.4) a fullscreen switch is available and should show/hide the statusbar (if any). Newer apis 16-18 start in fullscreen and don't have a fullscreen switch. Starting with api 19 we're using the immersive mode automatically.

So, please open an issue on github, reporting for each device a screenshot/picture reproducing the issue and the version of android it runs.
O.K I have opened
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/4794
for the EInk problem. I'll leave the Colour tablet one for now as it is not a major problem for me as the tablet is not in regular use.

BobC
Old 03-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #224
BobC
Guru

@pazos,

For completeness as I started the matter off on here though it migrated to Github, my thanks to you for pointing me to a workround that gives me a working KOReader on the ES EReader Pro+.

I will do some more tweaking to get the optimum height subtraction. I have had a lot of trouble with various reading apps on the device - the "stock" ones have issues that ES can't/won't address (mainly poor support for css) which is why I wanted to get KOReader into a usable state.

The ES EReader can now join my other devices as a useable device, rather than be written off as a poor investment.

BobC
Old 03-30-2019, 02:18 AM   #225
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowatch View Post
Looks like some support for Android devices has landed on the latest stable release. They also included an APK to help them test it on additional devices. Anyone try it on a Likebook Mars yet?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...s/tag/v2019.02
It works on LikeBook Mimas and i did it my main reader in replacement of reader built-in Boyue Os, which is very buggy software. As i said in another post, button home and back work fine with KOReader, home retun to main screen, back return to last screen, reading epub file is like a real book.
Congratulation to devlopers team.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote