Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
ventilatorr
ventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle pw4
Question I made a basic remote desktop

I made a very basic remote desktop for my PW4. You need a webserver and python.

There are 3 cgi scripts, a html file, and a python script:
  1. screen.cgi takes a screenshot and returns the path
  2. power.cgi presses the power button
  3. touch.cgi sends coordinates to sendtouch.py
  4. sendtouch.py writes events to the touchscreen
  5. index.html shows the screenshot you can click on

The only problem is that fake touches don't prevent the screensaver. I could use some advice on how to fix that .
Attached Files
File Type: zip rd.zip (2.1 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by ventilatorr; 03-15-2019 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added files...
ventilatorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Maybe use the "Disable Screensaver" command?
Our search function should find that for you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
^ @ventilatorr

Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1 #Disable ScreenSaver

lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0 #Enable ScreenSaver
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #4
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
@ventilatorr

Thanks for the ingenious desktop!

On the PW3 event1 must be written to (not event2).

I changed sendtouch.py at line 11 for the click coordinates to be passed to the Kindle:
Code:
    outfile_path = "/dev/input/event" + "1"
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
tiandongxv
tiandongxv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Can you provide detailed and feasible options?
I don’t know how to use them.
tiandongxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
ventilatorr
ventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheeseventilatorr can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle pw4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiandongxv View Post
Can you provide detailed and feasible options?
I don’t know how to use them.
Do you mean instuctions? If so search the forum for jailbreaking, the webserver, and Python.
ventilatorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:58 AM   #7
tiandongxv
tiandongxv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventilatorr View Post
Do you mean instuctions? If so search the forum for jailbreaking, the webserver, and Python.

Yes!
Could you upload the video,I want see how to turn pages, thanks!
tiandongxv is offline   Reply With Quote