Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-08-2018, 01:36 AM   #1
thanaset
thanaset began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Custom Fonts & The Economist

Hello.

Now that Amazon allows custom fonts to be installed on Kindles, how do I configure Calibre so that I can read The Economist, fetched from the website, in my favourite fonts? I went through the settings but can't seem to get it to work.

Thank you.

Thanaset
thanaset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there is no setting for that. periodicals like the economist have to be in MOBI format, which does not allow custom fonts. At best you can change the default font the kindle uses, and you will then get that changed font for the economist as well
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:03 AM   #3
thanaset
thanaset began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
there is no setting for that. periodicals like the economist have to be in MOBI format, which does not allow custom fonts. At best you can change the default font the kindle uses, and you will then get that changed font for the economist as well
Thank you Kovid. Unfortunately, my Kindle doesn't allow me to change to custom fonts when reading content not directly downloaded from Amazon.
thanaset is offline   Reply With Quote