Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 11:26 PM   #766
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Is that EU + GB only?
No - see picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mira.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	191440  
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #767
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Okay, thank you.

I got a used Max3 for $600+shipping. It was missing the Hdmi cord, had to buy that separately. I had a bit of trouble setting it up for my Mac, but have it working as an external monitor.

1. Plug in the appropriate cables. Check the connections.

2. Start the monitor app. Retry the connection until it starts.

3. Tab the monitor, select Speed Mode, increase contrast, and select Other, and set Preview resolution 1440 x 1080. Other settings will stretch the screen and have app windows stretch off-screen.

4. Open System Preferences > Displays. Gather Windows on the main display, it'll bring all the display info there. Set "Scaled," and 1100 x 825. If that doesn't show up, try Option and then click Scaled again.

I find Speed Mode a lot more readab;e than Text mode for some reason.

Depending on your graphics card, font smoothing settings, etc., this may not work. I use Tinkertool and use it to ensure old-style font smoothing.

With appropriate settings, the screen looks good and readable, but it lacks touch support, and can be hard to mouse due to lag. So keyboard shortcuts are much more important.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote