Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
rbrbooks
rbrbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Mobipocket
Lightbulb $0.80 -ILLUSION OF LUCK: Novelist finally succeeds by writing about his own depravity

Hi. I’m Robert Burton Robinson, and I’d like to tell you about my suspense novel, Illusion of Luck. Larry had been incredibly lucky all his life. He had everything he could possibly want---except a publishing contract.

So, the fact that his first six novels had been rejected by every known publishing house did not dissuade him from starting on book seven. This time he decided to push his luck to the limit. And he would destroy anyone who got in his way.

He decided to take his writing directly to the public, posting chapters of his daily life online as though it were fiction. And the more twisted and heinous the storyline, the more his readers loved it---which drove him ever deeper into depravity.

Then he realized what he wanted most: the high-school crush that got away. And when he discovered that she was about to be married, he plotted to steal her away on her wedding night to satisfy his own lust.

Nothing could stop him. Nothing could harm him. The god of luck would protect him.
But would his luck hold out? Is luck even real?

ILLUSION OF LUCK by Robert Burton Robinson is now available at the Kindle store. This is Book 3 of my Greg Tenorly Suspense Series. Each of the four books in the series are currently discounted to $0.80 at the Kindle Store.

Obviously, Greg Tenorly is the good guy in the series. But the villain in this book, Lucky Larry, is the most twisted character I’ve ever created. Getting inside his head may make you more than a little queasy. But it’s not about blood and guts. It’s deeply disturbing on a psychological level.

Here are the other three books of the series:

Book One: BICYCLE SHOP MURDER. Murder plus a sweet love story.

Greg Tenorly lives a quiet and lonely life in a small East Texas town, until he is selected as a juror for a murder trial. A beautiful, mysterious redhead befriends him, and seems to have a romantic interest. But is she merely using him to influence the outcome of the trial?

By the end of the first week, three people connected with the case are dead, and Greg is beginning to fear for his own life. He is now convinced that a powerful Dallas attorney is directing the murder spree in his little town. But why? He is determined to find out.

But his investigation just might earn him a spot at the top of the hit list.

Book Two: HIDEAWAY HOSPITAL MURDERS. I let my characters venture over into the steamy side a bit in this one, nearly turning it into a Romantic Suspense.

The small East Texas town of Coreyville is shaken by brutal murders and kidnappings, striking too close to home for Greg Tenorly. And the only witness is a mentally ill neighbor whose remarks are rejected by the police as gibberish. But Greg listens carefully to the man’s seemingly incoherent statements, and later realizes that they just might contain enough clues to point him in the direction of the killer.

But his investigation leads him into a hornet’s nest of dark secrets, old grudges, jealousy, and greed. Now, caught in the crossfire between two families, Greg’s life is in serious jeopardy.

By morning, more bodies will be headed for the morgue. The only question is whether Greg Tenorly will be among them.

Book Four (a novella): FLY THE RAIN. I had some fun creating an all-female rock band in this one. And most of the story takes place in my little home town of Orange, Texas. So, I named the band “Orange Puke.” And there’s more than one reason that name fits.

When Greg Tenorly gets an invitation to his dad’s 75th birthday party, Cynthia convinces him to go, and to use the occasion to finally make things right with his estranged father.

But the war of words Greg is dreading becomes the least of his worries after he and his family cross paths with a cold-blooded killer (hint: the killer is in the all-female band).
rbrbooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, murder, series, suspense, thriller