Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #136
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is this new functionality? My reading stats say 175 books finished. My books/library has 60 books. I remove books when I've finished them, so there are no finished books in my books/library.
It changed a while ago. I think in one of the earlier 4.x firmware. Before that, the count was the count of books finished on the device. And the percentage was books in the library that are currently finished. Now, both numbers are the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #137
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I've started a book a few days ago, and I now see that there are no reading stats available. Everything is at 0.0, even though progress and such is shown within the book itself.

Are the stats broken again in this firmware?

edit: OK, found it on page 2. Stats are broken. Again. I wonder how they do it, over and over again....

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-22-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #138
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've started a book a few days ago, and I now see that there are no reading stats available. Everything is at 0.0, even though progress and such is shown within the book itself.

edit: OK, found it on page 2. Stats are broken. Again. I wonder how they do it, over and over again....
practice makes perfect.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #139
Kombatant
Kombatant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post

It's beyond irritating. And it's March, and still no fix on sight; I am checking the firmware page almost every day. I almost flashed an earlier firmware version on top of my current one (without any sort of factory reset) but I don't want to mess up anything. I've read 12 books since they screwed this up, and I have no stats for them.
Kombatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #140
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
It's beyond irritating. And it's March, and still no fix on sight; I am checking the firmware page almost every day. I almost flashed an earlier firmware version on top of my current one (without any sort of factory reset) but I don't want to mess up anything. I've read 12 books since they screwed this up, and I have no stats for them.
I've been asking about the firmware, but it seems like the person has gone silent, as he has not recently been responding to my recent issues.

Even so, the stats bug should be fixed in the next release along with some other fixes, whenever that happens.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #141
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I've been asking about the firmware, but it seems like the person has gone silent, as he has not recently been responding to my recent issues.

Even so, the stats bug should be fixed in the next release along with some other fixes, whenever that happens.
I really hope they fix the stats bug but its weird they dont test things like this before release or open up a beta firmware test section.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
I really hope they fix the stats bug but its weird they dont test things like this before release or open up a beta firmware test section.
There are beta testers for the firmware. Davidfor is one of them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #143
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are beta testers for the firmware. Davidfor is one of them.
ah thats good news and do they listen to the beta testers or what? And is it possible to sign up for beta releases?
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #144
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ah thats good news and do they listen to the beta testers or what? And is it possible to sign up for beta releases?
I can't answer as I don't know.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #145
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
They have beta testers, they call them customers.

Last edited by Poppaea; 03-21-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Tablet fingers/spelling
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #146
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I am surprised that the reading stats have not been fixed for about 3 months.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #147
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
I am surprised that the reading stats have not been fixed for about 3 months.
Me too. gtalusan promised it would be fixed in the next version, but he went mysteriously silent a few weeks ago. I'm longing for a new release...
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Any word on a new firmware from any of the resident beta testers?
Old 03-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Me too. gtalusan promised it would be fixed in the next version, but he went mysteriously silent a few weeks ago. I'm longing for a new release...
My guess is he's finishing up whatever is needed for the new devices I guess are coming soon.
Quote:
Any word on a new firmware from any of the resident beta testers?
Do you know what an NDA is?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #150
Lusephur
Connoisseur
Lusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshesLusephur can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

Do you know what an NDA is?
Hmmmm, is it an initialism?
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote