Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Full version of Marvin 3.0 on two devices...

Hi!!!

If I purchase the full version of Marvin 3.0 for my iPhone and then load Marvin 3.0 on my iPad Mini, would I have to purchase it again for that device or does the single license work for the program on both devices??

Another simple question....(I hope). If I remember right, in Marvin Classic, there was a setting to lock the screen so it wouldn't turn horizontally. Just vertically. I like that feature as, when I read in bed, I don't want the screen horizontal. Is there a setting in Marvin 3.0 for that?? I probably am not looking in the right place or that might be a setting only in the FULL version.

Thanks!
Shykat
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
As far as I understand it, you can install on any device under the same appleID without re-purchasing it.

To lock the orientation: tap the Aa when you have a book open, then select the second tab (at the bottom) and you have a choice: Allow device rotation (which goes off of your device settings), Lock portrait, and Lock landscape. There are also some other options if you scroll a little further down that page where you can select Paginate, or vertical scroll mode, and also select how many columns you'd like Marvin to use in either portrait or landscape modes.

edit: Also, when you download Marvin 3 you have a fully working version - all the bells and whistles work. I think the only difference in the paid version is removing the ad banner at the bottom, and allowing multiple books in your library at one time.

Last edited by Turtle91; 10-29-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Thanks!

I was able to get the screen rotation locked.

With the full version, I think you also have access to the different themes/colors. If I remember right, I tried trying some of them and get a popup requesting a "tip". Hopefully, when I buy the full version, I'll have access to all of the different colors.

Shykat
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:10 AM   #4
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Hi!!!

If I purchase the full version of Marvin 3.0 for my iPhone and then load Marvin 3.0 on my iPad Mini, would I have to purchase it again for that device or does the single license work for the program on both devices??
I have Marvin on 3 devices, iPhone 6s, iPad Mini 3, iPad pro 9.7.
They all use the same Apple ID.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Hi!!!

Another simple question....(I hope). If I remember right, in Marvin Classic, there was a setting to lock the screen so it wouldn't turn horizontally. Just vertically. I like that feature as, when I read in bed, I don't want the screen horizontal. Is there a setting in Marvin 3.0 for that?? I probably am not looking in the right place or that might be a setting only in the FULL version.

Thanks!
Shykat
Is there a FULL VERSION? That is/ was available?

I only see the FREE + Premium Features (In App purchase)

I have been on iPad 1/2 (Super old) using super old version of Marvin.

Someone might be getting me a used 12.9 iPad Pro (1st or 2nd gen)

Not even sure if this will upgrade/ install to newer iOS/ Device.

What version/ variation of App do I have to get ? WHY?

https://apps.apple.com/us/developer/...honei-pad-apps

Last edited by crashnburn; 06-24-2019 at 07:59 AM.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Marvin 3 is the latest version. It has the rainbow M on a white background. It is free to download and all features are enabled. If you want to remove the banner at the bottom, you would need to purchase the app. I am using Marvin 3 on iOS 12.3.1 with no problems at all.

Marvin 2 is the old version. It has the white M on a red background with the 'Free' label in the corner.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:58 PM   #7
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Marvin 3 is the latest version. It has the rainbow M on a white background. It is free to download and all features are enabled. If you want to remove the banner at the bottom, you would need to purchase the app. I am using Marvin 3 on iOS 12.3.1 with no problems at all.

Marvin 2 is the old version. It has the white M on a red background with the 'Free' label in the corner.
I need to do a migration.. let me post back the details if you can guide me a bit.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:31 PM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

https://blog.appstafarian.com/post/1...marvin-classic

How to migrate from Marvin 2 to Marvin 3.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:06 AM   #9
crashnburn
Groupie

Quote:
https://blog.appstafarian.com/post/1...marvin-classic

How to migrate from Marvin 2 to Marvin 3.
Thank you. Will read up and post back.

Sharing/ FYI if any specific pointers:

Last week, a cousin was kind enough to ship me a used 2017 iPad iOS 14.1.

So, I found the old iPad 1/2 (iOS 9.02) with Marvin (2.5.4) (with books highlighted/ annotated 8-10 years back).

I was hoping to backup/ restore, but given the huge time gap I figure, the Apps (32/64 bit) & Data may have changed a lot and break quite a bit.

Last edited by crashnburn; 06-14-2021 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
crashnburn
Groupie

Quote:

There are 2 M's with White Background Classic and Classic Free.

How do they compare, as well as with the Rainbow one?

I recall reading about Gerty long back but wondering what are its Pros/ Cons?

I am wondering if it makes sense to do a Backup Restore to 2017 iPad first, to Marvin 2 Classic and then export import onto the new Marvin 3 on it?

Last edited by crashnburn; 06-14-2021 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #11
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:

I'd go with the newest version...it has more features, and even fixed some issues with version 2.