Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 12:18 PM   #46
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Is the boldness slider only available on 300 DPI models? It's not showing on my Paperwhite 2.
It's working on my my PW2, but only with AZW3/KFX books; it also doesn't appear to be working with publisher fonts.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #47
gordon_ramaswamy
gordon_ramaswamy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Has anybody been able to get the black invert? I can't find it on my PW3 and it's what I was waiting for such a long time!
gordon_ramaswamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #48
newday07
Connoisseur
newday07 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon_ramaswamy View Post
Has anybody been able to get the black invert? I can't find it on my PW3 and it's what I was waiting for such a long time!
for now it seems that it will be an Oasis exclusive

Last edited by newday07; 10-12-2017 at 12:41 PM.
newday07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #49
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
It's working on my my PW2, but only with AZW3/KFX books; it also doesn't appear to be working with publisher fonts.
Ah, thanks. Makes sense... I only have mobi files on this device.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #50
MadGuy
MadGuy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Nope I didn't get that option.
I hope it should be somewhere hidden which I'm not able to see
Still is black invert available because in Amazon update Notification they didn't told that.
just
boldness,14 size variations,& some search result feature
MadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #51
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
The book I'm reading doesn't have the bold controls and all of a sudden, got a pop-up that says "Bold Setting Not Available. This book doesn't support bold setting for your font. You can choose Amazon Ember Bold in the display settings menu to read with bolder text."

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #52
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
According to the Oasis press release, this appears to be a 7" Oasis-only feature.

Quote:
Starting today, the new size and bold settings as well as ragged right alignment will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to Kindle Paperwhite (Gen 6 released in 2013), plus all newer Kindle devices.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #53
MadGuy
MadGuy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
The book I'm reading doesn't have the bold controls and all of a sudden, got a pop-up that says "Bold Setting Not Available. This book doesn't support bold setting for your font. You can choose Amazon Ember Bold in the display settings menu to read with bolder text."

Jim
Thanks to @Doitsu:-only with AZW3/KFX books; it also doesn't appear to be working with publisher fonts.
MadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #54
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newday07 View Post
Are Search Results better than before?
Well, before it would give you a list of paragraphs with the search word highlighted and now they added the chapter number to the search results on top of each section of paragraphs. So you know where in the book the result is, not just the location/page. That is still there too.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #55
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newday07 View Post
Are Search Results better than before?
Chapter header information is listed with the search results.

(The chapters in this book are named, not numbered.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2017_10_12T13_20_09-0400.png
Views:	375
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	159418  

Last edited by copyrite; 10-12-2017 at 01:29 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #56
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Is the boldness slider only available on 300 DPI models? It's not showing on my Paperwhite 2.
On my first book the boldness slider was not visible, it's a personal document. I then checked an Amazon bought book and the slider does show. I can only surmise the boldness slider does not show for sideloaded books. Maybe others can check as well?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #57
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I can only surmise the boldness slider does not show for sideloaded books. Maybe others can check as well?
That would be a pretty serious bummer.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #58
jstm
jstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle paperwhite 2014, IPAD, IPAD Mini, Iphone 6
PW2 OK, boldness slider working in all my sideloded books (AZW3), Sizes seem a little weird to me from size 4 and up, KUAL Working OK I was able to load Koreader and its OK, I haven't try reinstall the hacks yet.
jstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #59
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Neogenesis, an e-ARC I got from Baen a week or so ago and sideloaded into Calibre, has the boldness slider.

For what it's worth, the book I have been reading, an old book that was in Mobi format, I converted to AZ3 in Calibre and still didn't get the boldness slider. So I deleted it from Calibre, loaded it again from Kindle for Mac and converted that to AZ3 and the boldness slider is there. No idea why the difference; probably others will know.

JIm
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Did you install firmware 5.8.11?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font_ramp