Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 05:19 AM   #1
ratsima
ratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Extract/Save Ebook ONLY, not folder structure or metadata

Hello, Ive been searching for an answer but I cant even find this question anywhere, so any asssistance would be very helpful.
I have some science textbooks in Calibre that I want to copy for use in a non-Calibre environment. Can I extract or save the ebook files only to my HDD? The Save to Disk function seens to save the book and metadata in a folder and then that folder is located in a author folder. I dont want folders or metadata at all, just the ebook file standalone. Is there any way to do this from Calibre? Thanks...
ratsima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:28 AM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
three steps:
  • Preferences > Saving books to disk > change the template to:
    Code:
    {authors} - {title}
  • Save to disk > Save to disk in a single directory.
  • In your file manager: sort files by type > select and delete all covers and opf (metadata backup) files

Last edited by capink; 03-08-2021 at 05:31 AM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2021, 05:50 AM   #3
ratsima
ratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheeseratsima can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Excellent capink, that solves the issue of the folder structure. Thank you. I assume that there is no way to force Calibre to save without the cover and opf files, or you would have mentioned it.
ratsima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:39 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Saving to disk has options to control whether the opf and cover are saved or not.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote