Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Validating with embedded fonts

Can some one please help. I embedded a font in a book and while it works on ADE and others it did not show up on the iPad. I saw on another thread the link to Liz Castro's blog about embedding fonts. Having read that I have put the "com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml" in the meta-inf file but now it will not validate. I keep getting the message

WARNING: test.epub: item (com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file

On her blog someone asked if it would validate and she reckons it does so what I would like to know is what am I doing wrong. How do I declare the file in the OPF file?
i have tested the embedding on all the devices and it shows on the iPad, Sony Reader etc.

Many thanks in advance
Steve
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have to add a line in the OPF that declares com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml.

Code:
<item href="/META-INF/com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml" id="caido" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
JS Wolf you are an Angel in disguise
Thank you very much
soparch
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote